• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Call a CFC that is a webservice from CF locally

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CFC that is a webservice used for an external VB.net application. That works like a champ, however, i would like to call this same webservice from my CF website that is located on the same server as the CFC webservice. Is this possible? i mean i guess i could treat it like another webservice (<cfinvoke webservice= etc) but i was wondering if i could call it via cfobject or cfinvoke and not treat it like a webservice. in my mind if i treated it like a webservice CF would have to go out on the web and come back in to get the data i need from the service. basically i am trying to reuse code so that i wont have two functions that do the same thing (one for Webservice and one as a regular function).

how can i best handle this situiation on a high traffic website that will allow for maximium performance and reliability.

thanks
NF
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

regarding
i was wondering if i could call it via cfobject or cfinvoke and not treat it like a webservice

I don't see why not. What happened when you tried it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
i can invoke it like a standard webservice and i can use cfobject webservice = and it works just fine. but isnt CF having to go out the network and back in again to access the webservice? (code follows). basically creating an additional connection to the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation