Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search page display errors

Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont quite undersstand what is going on as I am new to Robohelp. I am using Robohelp 8 to generate webhelp file. I am consistantly running into 2 errors. The first is that after generating a layout every thing seems fine except for the search page it consistantly shows up as jumble of code.

clip 1.png

I dont know how to remedy this problem. Am I missing something?

The second problem which might be related is when I double click on the skin to edit it, this error message apears.

clip 2.png

Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

The "jumbled code" implies that you are seeing the "Pure HTML" type of output. This may occur because you elected to use "Pure HTML" or it could be that your browser doesn't like JavaScript so the WebHelp fell back to this mode of presenting.

Where is your project located? Network or C drive? Is it source controlled? Do you have full admin rights to the content?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be possible to use "pure HTML " for only one of the pages? index, glossary and everything else is fine just the search. I checked it in IE and Mozilla. I have it located on the C drive. I dont know how to check if its source controlle, I am new to all this, but I would be glad to check if you can tell me how. I have full admin to everything as far as content goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pure HTML is a setting you will find in the dialogs that you go through to create the help and it applies to the whole output. Why is Pure HTML so important to you? If the answer is that you don't know, then it probably doesn't matter what setting you use so try changing it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp