Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML 9 hyperlinks in table cells help

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm creating a table in robohelp html 9 and adding hyperlinks in the table cells. If the hyperlink is the first word in that cell robohelp is adding styling code to the link eg <td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test</a></td>.

If I add a link to the second word in a table cell the styling does not appear or even if I add a space before the link the code does not appear eg <td>&#160;<a href="#">test</a> </td>.

The code appears when I flick between design and HTML views but it does not make any difference in which view I create the link.

No matter how many times I delete this code is keeps coming back. Can  anyone please help me? Is there some default that gives this the styling  code?Does anyone else get this issue?

A table with the different examples is below. It was created in design view by clicking table>insert table>OK. Links added by clicking the insert hyperlink button.

<table style="border-collapse: separate; border-collapse: separate;" cellspacing="0"
         width="33.333%" border="1">
    <col style="width: 100%;" />
    <tr>
        <td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test
         that has the added code</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>&#160;<a href="#">test with space in front of link</a> </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><a href="#" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">test</a></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>A <a href="#">test</a> </td>
    </tr>
</table>

Thanks in advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with a new project. I'm not seeing that when I follow your steps.

Also try a different CSS.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

The current project is new (blank project) and I have tried this on various older projects and even different a PC. There is no CSS attached to the file.

I am just creating a new page, inserting a table, typing test in the table, highlighting the word test, clicking the insert a hyperlink button, putting a # as the link, click ok.

Now when I click HTML view it's fine but if I now click Design view and HTML view again the additional code has been added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had missed that you have to switch to HTML view a second time.

Seeing the same problem so you will need to file a bug report. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same with CSS based tables.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I have filled out a bug report so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

At least I know it's not just me.

The only fix I have for now is to not have the first word in a cell as a hyperlink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What if you have a hidden word as the first word? My thought here is that you could work past it by configuring the first word as hidden. Then have the word with the hyperlink so it would have the appearance that the Hyperlink was the first word.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I'll give that ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with those stupid links in tables - I've been working on this for HOURS and HOURS...... Based on previous experience, I assumed it must only be me and an ill-formed stylesheet. The table/link issue just came to my attention because I am in the process of changing styles/formats to a new company standard (new link color) and thought I really screwed my CSS up as I was changing things!

My only workaround thusfar has been to rewrite some data in the tables so that text will precede the link (yes, I did).  And where I just couldn't do that, I resigned myself to the problem and forced a different color on the links (changing the #0000ff).  One plus was that RH didn't rewrite the color code once it was changed manually..... but then I realized later that I didn't consider the hover color when I did this, so I now have to go back and correct them. 

So glad to find your post...........

I played with the idea of adding hidden text, but was worried that the problem was really a result of an issue with my CSS and doing that wasn't the proper way to fix it.   So, without guilt, I took Rick's suggestion and added an invisible dot/period at the beginning of every link in a table, when that link is the first or only content in the td.  Did the trick!  Now the links assume my declared css style! 

I submitted a bug report.......

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp