• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metafile download failed error message

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to install Adobe Reader or Flash I get a partial install then it error with the following error message.

Metafile download failed error

I've tried installing on several computers with the same result. Some with Windows XP 32bit and some with Windows 7 64-bit.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having a very similar problem. I am trying to install Flash using Internet Explorer 8 (32 bit) on a Windows 7 computer (64 bit) and everytime I try to install Flash I encounter this "Metafile Download Failed" error message. I have uninstalled Flash and tried again, I have defragged my computer, restarted it, and I'm running out of ideas on how to solve this problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem downloading / installing Reader and Flash on Windows XP-SP3 using Explorer 8.  Adobe Reader X had been locking up, so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and tried to download / re-install.  I get the same error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you (both posters) use the download manager (DLM)?

Do you get the same problem if you download the installers from

• http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ (Adobe Reader)
  • http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html (Flash Player)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same problem. Then I tried installing using the MSI file from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html and it worked a treat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked.  Thanks very much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These work thanks

Hopefully Adobe can sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For users who experienced the issue of downloading metafile, could you please let us know whether you are using:

1. connection through proxy server or proxy settings is set in your browser

2. firewall (please specify personal or corporate)

3. connection through VPN

4. OS and browser you are using

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Connection was through proxy and corporate firewall.
  • Windows 7, Firefox 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here,

Win 7 32bit

IE8 and Firefox 5.0

behind corporate Proxy and Firewall

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our corporate we have the same problem.

The info you needs:

1. We connect through proxy, our IE are configured by AD GPO to use a wpad.dat file. Our proxies are Ironport S160.

2. Our corporate firewall are Checkpoint, on th firewall our proxies are configured to go everywhere. As personal firewall on our clients we have Symantec endpoint protection 11 with minimal (I think default) firewall configuration, we never had a problem with personal firewall in outbound communiation.

3. No.

4. IE 6 on Win XP 32; IE 7 on Win XP 32; IE 8 on Win 7 32; IE 8 on Win 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance and let us known what we have to do on our proxies.

ciao

michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For those who experienced this issue of "Metafile download failed", could you please try again?

If you still experience the same issue, please respond to this thread.

Thank you,

- YukoC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I also experience this problem since 20/7, until now, I still unable to continue the installation.

Is there any other link can be provided for installation ?

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deep yuen wrote:

Is there any other link can be provided for installation ?

The links I provided earlier (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3797819#3797819) do not work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried before, it always say server not found.

Just now, it works, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuko

Still experiencing the same problem,unable to download however error this time is Action List Error

i can confirm the links provided above work fine,(just a hassle navigating to them) have also tried this bypassing our proxy and this works fine also, but behind the proxy is where our users and myself are having the difficulties.

will await a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuko,

We are still experiencing the same problem through proxy.

ciao

michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for anyone who has followed up.

I have actually created a new thread in regards to this issue - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/880514 - and we'd like to get more information from those who are still having issues.

Could you please visit the new forum thread and let us know if you can help?

-Yuko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heck, I just wish I could open a pdf in firefox, and you're asking me about some other problem I don't even know if I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stats4gnats wrote:

Heck, I just wish I could open a pdf in firefox, and you're asking me about some other problem I don't even know if I have.

Please stop posting in completely unrelated topics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am continuing to have the problem, I have rebooted the computer and downloaded the file again and I still get the error once the install gets to about 33%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem on one of the many laptops i support in my school. Running windows xp pro on server 2003 r2. All other machines instal ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the problem on windows.

you need to change your proxy settings and disable the "automatic configuration script" and manually enter the proxy under "Proxy Server"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week 4 july 2011 reader, flash, shockwave downloaded ok from the download page.

Last week 18 july 2011 when I tried to download, that part of adobe site was down.

Later on in week and today, I am just getting the 'Metafile download failed' message at 33%.

Same new pc's on both occasions ( ie 7, windows xp sp3 behind corporate firewall )

Has Adobe changed something??

HELP

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening with me.

"Metafile download failure" at 33%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines