3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2011 11:44 AM by TEGFastener RSS

DVD Distribution

TEGFastener

I'm considering purchasing eLearning suite but can't find out if it will enable me to package the completed training course onto DVD. Does anyone know if it has this capability? Thanks!

• 1. Re: DVD Distribution
          Steve Howard, ACP CommunityMVP

If you mean onto a DVD that you pay on your TV, then no.

Can you elaborate, though? Because generally speaking the answer is

yes if you want to play it on a PC. But there are so many variables,

you really need to explain in more detail what is on your mind before

anyone can give you a clear answer.

Steve

• 2. Re: DVD Distribution
            TEGFastener Community Member

Hi Steve. Thanks for your response. We were hoping to produce a DVD that could be played on either a PC or on TV (through a DVD player). But, I think as long as it could play on PC, it would work fine. Selling our training product as a DVD was our initial plan, although as I'm learning more about e-learning, I'm finding out about all the options (but it's a huge learning curve and our most of our potential clients aren't terribly computer savvy). Any recommendations you have would be very helpful.

Thanks!
            Jessica

• 3. Re: DVD Distribution
              Steve Howard, ACP CommunityMVP

Well if you want it to play on TV, you are basically looking at

creating video only. An 'interactive' DVD (something like a DVD menu

that's has more things to click on) is pretty agonizing and really

only lets you watch video, and make the occasional choice (click on

the right answer). I'd avoid that. As a learning experience, it may

actually teach pretty well, but is not so engaging or rewarding as

what can be delivered via computer.

If you want to really create educational content, there are literally

hundreds (and thousands) of things you can combine to create great

educational content - eg video, animation, interactive demonstrations,

games, documents, cool web ages ... just exactly what is best depends

on what you are teaching and who you are teaching it to.

Then there are questions like, do you want to deliver to sexy,

small-market devices like the iPad, or do you want to support 'every'

desktop or laptop, or are you even interested in delivering to

phones... The eLearning Suite had the tools for all of these options

and more.

This is an OLD demo (2009) but it walks you through significant

features of the eLearning Suite version 1. The current version of the

suite is largely the same, with various improvements.

https://my.adobe.acrobat.com/introducingels/

Steve