• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Data transfer to/from remote computer

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a web server from which some xml files are dynamically generated. We want these files to be sent to a remote computer (that has a static IP address) and retrieve the processed output-files back from this computer. What's the best & safest way we can accomplish this?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arte,

It really depends on your situation.

The easiest options require the receiving server to get the data from the XML files (by an http request via CFHTTP, for example).

You could also create web service and have the receiving server call that web service to get the XML data.

If that isn't an option but you have FTP access to that server, you could have ColdFusion FTP the data over at regular intervals.

That is what I can think of off the top of my head. Others may have other ideas as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
SteveBryant, thanks for the reply. The receiving remote computer is not a web server. All I have is a static IP address for this computer. If I can have our ISP people (where we have our web server) open a port for this remote IP, would I be able to map it and write/read the xml files directly on the remote computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation