• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get Error 5 when Launching RoboHelp HTML 9

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed RH9, on a Windows XP (SP3) system, and I'm getting an Error 5 message that simply says uninstall and reinstall when I try to open RoboHelp HTML. I can't open the program.

I previously had RHx5 which I uninstalled, prior to installing this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times with the same result. My system meets the basic system requirements. I have plenty of hard drive space and RAM (3GB). I also just installed the latest RH9.01 update. I can't open RoboHelp for Word either. No error message, it jus doesn't open. FYI, I'm using Word 2007.

I can't find much on this error in regards to RH9 in the Adobe KB. Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk_bqe and welcome to the RH forums.

The logon required to install RoboHelp 9 must have local admin rights. Did it?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. My logon user has administrative rights.

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I installed RoboHelp 9 as part of the Tech Communications Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an image of the error message you are getting and say whether it is the same regardless of whether it is the RH HTML or RH for Word application you are opening. Use the camera icon as shown below.

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

The fact that you have installed RoboHelp as part of the TCS shouldn't be an issue. Out of interest, do the other applications that are part of the suite launch OK? One other thing. Did you uninstall RHX5 completely before installing TCS3?

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the error message:

RH9 Error5.png

It only displays when I try to open RoboHelp HTML. When I try to open RH for Word, the software's splash screen flashes for a split second and then nothing. The program doesn't open up. No error message.

The other TCS apps open fine, except they are prompting me to enter a license key after I entered one when installing the suite. But, I'm not sure that's related to this issue.

In regards to uninstalling RHx5. It wasn't a clean uninstall. I attempted to uninstall it via the Control Panels - Add/Remove programs option. I recieved and error, "can't find Product Name" or something like that. It didn't fully uninstall the software. I manually removed the remaining folders in the Program Files directory and any entries I could find in the registry. There may be other RHx5 files floating around in the Windows Systems folder that I'm not aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just contacted support and this issue has been resolved. The tech support rep, Vick, had me uninstall. We then deleted some folders in the Programs\Common Files\Adobe folder. Caps and Adobe PCD. There may have been a third folder, can't remember. Anyway. I reinstalled and the program launched without error after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

Can you clarify the folders? I can find C:\Program Files (x86)\Common files\Adobe\Adobe PCD.

But I can't find a folder called Caps? (possibly this is TCS specific, which I don't have, but just want to confirm it's correct.) And if you can remember if/what the 3rd folder is, that would be really helpful.

I have a collegue with a similar error in Acrobat and am hoping this might help - I posted on the Acrobat forums and was met with deafening silence.

Thanks,

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling the RoboHelp, we deleted the following folders:

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe 10.0

D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\backup

D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD

D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\caps

The Adobe 10.0 folder may not be relevant to your setup.

Anyway, after deleting these folders we reinstalled RH9 and it worked.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for clarifying. Hopefully this will be some help with the Acrobat problem.

Regards,

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp