• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Topic not working in Robohelp 9

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preview Topic option is no longer working for me. When I click on Preview Topic an hourglass will appear as though it is about to perform the task, but nothing instead. I was using dual monitors at the time, but have since switched to single monitor mode, and tried a fix previously listed on a forum for Robohelp 8: (Preview>>alt+space>>>M >>>arrow key>>>then move mouse) , but this did not correct the issue. Are there any other suggestions for this issue, aside from trying to uninstall and reinstall the program itself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Perhaps reconnect the second monitor? Change the screen resolution? I'm doubtful reinstalling will fix it.

You might also try using some software intended for managing multiple monitors. Or try to right-click the Windows taskbar and choose to Cascade your open windows, sometimes that will coax a missing window to come back.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran across the same problem with my client...

I tried the MS Windows options (Alt-space, and right-click to cascade, etc)

I also tried setting the system to a single monitor, testing, and re-enabling the second monitor.

BTW, I also tried resetting the toolbars in RH8.

RH8 appears to process the command (there's a mssg about downloading a local graphic that briefly appears) but the preview simply does not appear.

Is there a preferences or init file I might delete?

Any other sugestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Snippet 61 on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt

Unfortunately there isn't a preferences file to delete. Unless they changed something with the way RoboHelp 9 works (which I greatly doubt) the screen coordinates are stored in the Windows registry.

One thing you may wish to try (since Amebr's wonderful solution isn't seeming to work) would be to download and install a copy of MurGeeMon. This little app allows snapping an application to a specific window. I use it at the church on the media PC I manage. Works a treat!

Click here to visit the MurGeeMon site

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All,

Thank you for your replies.

Matt,

I'm not sure if your issue has already been resolved. After trying all suggestions provided and it still not working,  I was able to find a fix using the instructions from another discussion for Robohelp 8. The steps involve updating your Windows Registry, but if nothing else works - it may be worth trying...

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/221863

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2011 Jun 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the window is maximised. Try Alt+Space, R (restore), then the Alt+Space, M keys.

(P.S. I assume Alt+Space M still works with RH 9, but I don't currently have a copy to test.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp