• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5.5 Crashes on Record

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the Captivate 5.5 Trial for Mac on System 10.6.8 with 4 Gigs of ram, 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Everytime I choose record, I get the choices screen, then the count down, then immediately the following:

captivate_crash.jpg

It doesn't matter if I choose area or application. I have deleted the library items, un and reinstalled the entire application and danced a jig. Nothing is helping me record.

I have installed a Captivate 5.5 trial on my Bootcamp running Windows 7 on the same machine, and it runs fine. But I would rather purchase and run the Mac side.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the application getting terminated only when you are trying to record or is it happening when you try to create a blank Project also? Can you please check this and let us know?

Thanks,

Vikranth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only if I try to record. I just created a blank presentation, started video encoding, and then created a second presentation from PowerPoint all with no problem. But when I chose "Record New Project..." it minimized the project window, did the countdown, then crashed with the error message I posted.

This is consistent no matter if I record new project on open, or after I do some work, and has happened about 20 times without fail. I've tried recording to an area, application and full screen, and all crash.

The crash leaves the red recording rectangle on the screen, and I have to force-quit Captivate to get it to totally quit.

Thanks for your help,

**John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

Can you provide us below information

1. Which OS you are working on?

2. Are you running any other screen capture tools on background.

if your OS is Win 7 or Win vista, please run captivate in Administrator

mode.

Before running captivate please close all application and try once.

Thanks,

Vishwas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 gigs of ram.

2. There is no video capture running. I have just restarted the machine in "Safe" mode, which means no extensions are loaded and no programs are running in the background. Captivate crashed in the same manner as described in the beginning of this thread.

Um, am I the only one with this problem?

**John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue, Captivate crashes when I go to record a presentation.

Has this been resolved yet? Does anyone inside Adobe have an estimate for when they'll have this resolved?

I'm running version 5.02.630 on Mac OSX Lion (10.7).

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to mention:

I'm on a Mac Pro with 18GB of RAM.

ScreenFlow continues to record and function as usual, not sure if any of the same libraries are being shared in any of this....

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Richard/Jah,

Can you mail us below crash log for investigation.

Crash log is located in Root folder of your MAC machines. with name prefixed

as "CpDump"

Can we have Connect session to look into your issue.

Mail the latest log file to vishwas84@gmail.com

Thanks,

Vish77

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vish-

I'm unable to locate the file you mentioned, I did a Find on my Mac and came back empty. Might it be somewhere else?

I'd be happy to do a Connect meeting with you to show you the problem.

Thanks,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the issue on my Mac. I have an older MacBook, and the DVI connector quit working. Therefore I connect my second monitor with a DisplayLink USB interface. If I try to use Captivate Mac 5.5 to record anything on the second monitor it crashes immediately. If I record on the PowerBook monitor it works fine.

Richard, this may not help you, though I'd look at the monitor settings and see if there's something non-standard there. You can find the CpDump... file by going to the finder and opening up the hard drive (or clicking on it in a finder window). One of my files was called "CpDumpC1C5610C-6DF0-45F3-9347-FC21D12AE825.dmp". Though my Spotlight did find the files...

BTW, if I reboot my Mac with bootcamp and run Windows 7, I can record on both monitors. (No, I'm not that rich. I've downloaded trials for both platforms). So, Vish, that is an interesting problem that is probably not worth the time to figure out. But I'll forward you my dumps just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can consistently re-create this issue, however Captivate just completely quits and goes away, no mention of "the application has unexpectedly quit" or "would you like to send the details to Apple". The app just closes.

I have searched all over my computer and can not find any file named or even containing the string "cpDump".

Any thoughts?

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found resolution to this issue, or has it seemingly been adandoned by the product team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community

mkordeezel wrote:

Has anyone found resolution to this issue, or has it seemingly been adandoned by the product team?

Please note that the forums here are primarily user to user. The fact we do see Adobe folks participating is only icing on our cake. It's not a primary function by the development team to answer questions here.

If you seriously want to put the issue in front of the developers, you need to broadcast on a channel they listen to. That channel is called the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources