• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to properly export a Flex and PHP project?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started my project on my machine and now I need to continue the work on another machine.

I selected my Flash Builder project (in the project explorer, it appears as a Flex folder and a PHP folder) and click export Flash Builder project. Onthe other machine, when I import the project, I get the PHP files incorporated in the Flex project. I do not want that. I need to import the project and have both folders separate.

Now, although all files are present on the second machine, there is no PHP folder, (all my php services files are located under the /services folder under the imported Flex folder) and my Flash app complains about the missing gateway file. In the properties settings, I am unable to tell FB where my gateway.php file is located since there is no PHP folder.

Can anybody assist me with this FB limitation?

I am using FB for PHP 4.5 on both machines.

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't the export function meant for editing the project in Flash Catalyst?

It's not meant for moving the project between machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input. Then, how can I share the same project on different machines?

Note: SVN is not necessary, since the project will be developed in two branches which would be unrelated.

I would appreciate any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are going to do in only once then just create a new empty project on the second machine ad overwrite its src folder.

After that go to flash builder and refresh the folder tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines