Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 link?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 and would like to m

ove my RH 8 over from my old laptop to my new one. However, since Adobe now has RH 9 out, I can't seem to find a download link for RH 8

Can anyone here provide a legit download link for RH 8 where I can download the program to my new laptop and use my existing serial number?

Thanks!

Natalie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natalie and welcome to the RH forums.

Do you (or your IT Department) not have access to the original download media or CD. You'd have to use that. You'll also have to deactivate your RH8 licence from your old laptop - use the Help > Deactivate menu item for this.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot find the download or CD - Did you register? If you did you will be able to go to your account and download again. Otherwise contact Customer Service if you have proof of purchase. I don't think having the serial number qualifies.

If you didn't deactivate and now cannot, then provided you didn't install on a second machine you will be OK. If you did install on a second machine, advise Customer Service of that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind....I found the download link from within my Order History section of the Adobe site.

Thanks!

Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2011 Jul 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to post that you need to look in the order section, not the serial number section.

For the benefit of anyone else who finds this thread, as far as I can see registering your product is not sufficient to find a download link, that is only available to people who have purchased direct from Adobe's site.

Also I believe it is Customer Support you have to approach for the download link rather than Tech Support. That said, Tech Support should have been able to tell Natalie what she found out or direct her to the right location.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works also if you've purchased from an authorized Adobe reseller. I understood access to really old versions was governed by volume licensing (I've never tried it out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have your original media, you might be able to download it from the Adobe licensing site (if you registered with them to begin with).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp