Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't record audio and tried other fixes

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have Captivate 4 and I can't record any audio. I've used Captivate 3 for a long time and have never had a problem. When I go to record the audio, nothing happens. So I tried using Audacity to record a .WAV file and import that into my Captivate, but that doesn't work either. Please help because I am supposed to have a project done by tomorrow!!!

Thanks so much!

Debra

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please check if this posts helps you resolve the issue -

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/adobe_captivate_4_installation.html

regards,

Mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mukul,

Thanks for the prompt reply...those instructions worked for the most part...we had to google an additional fix to make the audio work. However, I have a new problem now...the audio imports, but won't play on the slide. I can see it's there, but can't hear it. I can only hear it when I preview it. AND when I click the Play button, I can't ever stop it so I can't sync any of my animations.

I never had any of these issues with Captivate 3...is there anyway I can go back to that?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debra

Does the link below help you fix it completely?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you failed, there is always the concept of the "analog hole". The digital audio has to be converted to analog at some point, so you could do something absurd like running a cable from your speaker jack into your microphone jack, and use the windows sound recorder, or anything that can record from microphone (including a tape deck). Also, audacity will do it, so will Adobe Audition, and basically any other sound recording software can record streaming sound or anything you hear from computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources