• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find Red 4k clips to download?

Guide ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject line pretty much sums it up. I know that they will be pretty large files, but I'd really like to play with some native Red 4k footage using CS5 and I don't have access to a Red 4k camera.

The longer the duration, the better, and each clip needs to be at least a minute long.

Also, the better quality the footage, the better as well. Seeing some good indoor and outdoor shots would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Free download 4K R3D footage here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for free though.

http://www.mammothhd.com/MHD_RED1.html

You can download some shot clips here.

http://www.naturefootage.com/stock_video/Red_One_4K_video.htm

Unfortunately I didn't find anything better yet, so if anyone could share some good stuff I would like to download and try it myself too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used some RED clips in the free video training that I did here:

http://www.video2brain.com/en/products-115.htm

The assets are free to download. I can't actually remember whether I used 2K or 4K files. I'll check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked. The R3D file that I used in that project was 2K, not 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though it's not 4K, it's gold! Thank you very much.

p.s.: nice and clear voice you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free download 4K R3D footage here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also Downloaded from the site thanks for the link Terry!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

============

The longer the duration, the better, and each clip needs to be at least a  minute long.

===============

If I remember correctly... testing a red camera at home a few months ago... with a 32gig mem card.... the 4k red raw was about 3 minutes in duration.. and 2k red raw was 6 minutes ?  6 minutes is about equal to a 400 foot 35mm film magazine on a panaflex camera shooting at 24 fps.

I'm not sure but I would guess that at both 2k and 4k you are looking at some pretty big file sizes for what you are asking for ( at least a minute each per clip ).

At any rate... Todd Kopriva posted some AE assets a while back that did have some red stuff ( r3d )... and you might like to play with that ( as I did ... it was a good source for me before I actually got the red camera to shoot with )...

download and look thru the directories for the r3d stuff.. ( a guy running thru some explosions .. probably shot in LA where guys do that a lot ).

http://groups.adobe.com/assets/CreativeSuite5/CS5-Demo-Assets/

download the....

AECS 5_ Demo Assets_ final zip

file... look for r3d in folders.... is probably 2k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much everyone that replied!

Roberio's stock footage links were interesting, and RED stock footage is $$$; no, it is $$$$$

Todd, your links were interesting and useful too, even though the RED is 2k, not 4k.

Robodog2, regarding, "...testing a RED camera at home a few months ago", sweet! Thanks for your interesting link as well.

Terry, you have provided exactly what I needed to perform some simple testing, even though the files turned out to be 4.5k instead of 4k, and the longest clip is only 20 seconds. The files from this Russian site are 4480x1920, 23.976 (frame rate), and 34.4MB/sec.

I did find some actual RED 4k RAW files at the following site, but they are tiny and very boring to look at (4096x2048, 29.97 frame rate, and 37.4 MB/sec):

http://www.tomguilmette.com/wp/my-blog/archives/2913

Also, if anyone is interested in my test results with the RED 4.5k footage on a high-end PC that does not have any special hardware installed (RED Rocket, etc.), I've summarized my findings below:

PC: Intel  i7-970 at 4.2GHz, 7x1TB RAID 5 array, and a GTX 480 with 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM:

TEST 1a: Hardware MPE and un-rendered timeline:

- Scrubbing and playback at 1/2 resolution - perfect quality, no lag whatsoever, CPU usage around 70% (wow, that's with 6 real cores and 6 hyperthread pseudo cores!)

- Scrubbing and playback at full resolution - HORRIBLE, unusable

TEST 1b: Hardware MPE and fully rendered timeline:

- Scrubbing and playback at full resolution - perfect quality, no lag whatsoever, CPU usage around 20% for playback

- Full timeline render is pretty slow - about 9 minutes for 1 minute and 20 seconds of clips on the timeline

TEST 2a: Hardware MPE and un-rendered timeline; this time with 4 layers displayed simultaneously (each at 50% size and in a separate corner):

- Scrubbing and playback at 1/4 resolution - perfect quality, no lag whatsoever, CPU usage around 100% (again, wow!); also, I have to add that RED at only 1/4 resolution is still pretty stunning!

- Scrubbing and playback at full resolution - HORRIBLE, unusable

TEST 2b: Hardware MPE and fully rendered timeline; same 4 layers as test 2A:

- Scrubbing and playback at full resolution - perfect quality, no lag whatsoever, CPU usage around 20% for playback

- Full timeline render is again pretty slow - about 7 minutes for 4 clips around 20 seconds each

Regards,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's about equal to what I'm experiencing with an i7-920 at 2.67GHz, 12GB Ram, and a RAID-5 array.

I've got some new Epic 4k footage you could play with if you'd like... Just PM me if you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new site dedicated to  R3D footage - is http://www.hdwmfootage.com, They have very cheap demo footage and only charge nominal fee on some - plus specials daily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mjaumin1,

If you post links for your own products, you must disclose that they are your own, as opposed to an unbiased recommendation. Failure to disclose your relationship to the products that you are recommending will be considered an abuse of this forum, and the posts will be deleted and your account deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines