• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't view abr brush files in Preset Manager

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem in Photoshop CS5 is that I can't see the .abr files using the Preset Manager.

Specifically, the Load dialog for brushes shows the Adobe Photoshop CS5/Presets/Brushes folder as empty...

...even though Windows Explorer displays both the default brushes and the many brushes I just purchased.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Look at the full path.  You're not looking at the folder you think you are...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that brushes will only show under preset manager if they were manually loaded into photoshop by selecting Brush then Load Brushes and then selecting the abr file you wanted.  I always save my extra brushes/styles/actions etc under seperate folders away from Photoshop as you can easily direct the Load Brushes etc to where you have them saved and then load from there easily.  And as I have  many of these extras, keeping them seperate from Photoshop saves load up time when starting Photoshop.  Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the full path.  You're not looking at the folder you think you are...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is true.

I copied the full path from Explorer into the Load dialog's File name box and that was successful.

Thank you.

Why is there ANOTHER path called "Adobe Photoshop CS5\Presets\Brushes" which opens **by default** and screws up so badly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the defaults are installed in the application/program directory, where Microsoft doesn't want you writing.

So Photoshop has to save and default to the user directory where they should be saving files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the wonder of UAC and the transition of Windows from a single-user system to a user-based system.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines