• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is CFB 2 buggy for you?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been using CF Builder 2 exclusively for over a month now, and I keep finding little bugs all over the place.  I personally know a lot of developers that rave over CFB, so I have a hard time believing that they would be so in love with a product that's so buggy.  Hence, my conclusion that there's something wrong with my install or setup.  So, I thought I would post some of the problems I'm seeing to see if anyone else out there has the same problem, or if there are common fixes that I don't know about.

Here goes:

• Tag completion does not work in any way, shape, fashion or form, even if it is enabled in the settings. 
  • Code colors are absolutely horrid and there's very little I can change about them. Even trying to install custom color schemes does nothing. (This drives me up the wall and I almost stopped using it because I can't set my colors like I want them.)
  • About twice a day, CFB will completely freak out when I'm trying to copy/paste something and I have to restart it.
  • About twice a week, CFB will completely freak out, all of the icons on my open file tabs will become black boxes, I can't switch between or open files, and I have to force it to close via Task Manager and restart it.
  • The CFC insight (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't seem to work.  In fact, most of the time when I'm referencing a component, I get the little yellow warning on the left side saying that it's unresolved.  Doesn't matter if I'm calling the CFC via application cached object, cfinvoke, createobject or what.  The code will work fine, but CFB doesn't seem to know where the CFC is.
  • Global find and replace does not work at all, the search works fine, but the replace doesn't find any results. 

I guess that's about it off the top of my head.  Like I said, there's just little stuff like that all over the place.  I installed the updater this morning, so we'll see what that helps.  Are these common problems, or do I just need to reinstall and try again?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I

Image 2.png

I get this about every 5 min. I have played with the settings but nothing seems to help.

Frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried increasing the heap? There are various resources explaining the (simple) process, such as:

http://www.cfmumbojumbo.com/cf/index.cfm/coding/increase-cfbuilder-performance/

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charlie,

I have tried that. In the error logs it states error in loop, I assume it's an loop that doesn't exit properly. This happens when I copy/paste.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok. Sounds like a bug, indeed. Have you reported it? And also have you implemented the hotfixes (including most recent one)?

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not reported yet, and I have applied one hotfix. How many hotfixes are there?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is just the one, but it includes multiple fixes (even though it's not called a cumulative hotfix). Sorry I wasn't more clear.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do we report the bugs?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugbase.adobe.com/

By your question you may be implicitly asking, "but how would I know that?".

Well, a google search for does list it first, but I realize thinking of the right words to search can be a challenge, and other words may not find it.

I'll note as well that it's listed off the more long-standing page where links to bug report mechanisms for nearly all Adobe products are listed:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

All that said, I usually offer the link when I suggest it to people, and I was in a hurry yesterday so didn't. Lesson learned.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a google search for coldfusion builder bug report does list it first, but I realize thinking of the right words to search can be a challenge,

Chortle.  Oh so subtley patronising.  Nice.

It's also linked straight from this very forum's home page, btw...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really wasn't being patronizing (not even subtly so). I was explaining that I did find it via a search, but I had done another by some other terms and did not find it first in the list. I merely assumed that it's what may have happened to you. I offered you the link, and explained that indeed I usually try to offer it, to help avoid this very sort of thing.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, as soon as I sent that, I saw that the sender was Adam and not the OP, Rob. Still, I stand by my defense.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation