• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no trace statements after FB 4.5.1 update?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trace output when I Debug an AIR desktop application. Was working in FB 4.5, prior to FB 4.5.1 update

1. I updated to FB 4.5.1 (when prompted by adobe updater)
  2. I made a copy of 4.5.1 sdk, and overlay the AIR 2.7 SDK on the copy
  3. I launched FB 4.5.1, exported projects, made a new workspace, imported and cleaned projects
  4. I registered the 4.5.1 + AIR2.7 SDK as Flex Compiler and set it to be used for this project (AIR Desktop project)
  5. Now, any attempt to Debug the AIR app "fails silently" as far as debugging goes
  6. The AIR app window launches, and the Console shows the [SWF] and [Unload SWF] (on exit) -- but no trace statements are being output

What happened to my trace output / how do I restore proper functionality for debugging?

Everything appears functional -- just no traces..

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the exact same pb (i'm on MacOSX btw)

solved it by  adding -compiler.debug option to amxmlc command line so to force debug information to be included

ex: amxmlc Test2.as -compiler.debug

i have no idea why it doesn't take the (correct) default values which is set in frameworks/air-config.xml

but anyway forcing it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines