Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Trouble saving document

Level 3

Testing a document created in LiveCycle and when I go to fill out the document and save everything looks fine.  I close it and reopen it and some of the information is missing or reset back to the default (example if drop down 2 was selected a text box would appear for additional information after saving and reopening the document the drop down resets back to default and the text box is missing).  What is happening here?  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I forgot one thing.

Make sure you select "Automatically" to preseve the script changes in locally saved forms.

SaveChanges.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

This happens when you use the click:Event to control the visiblity of an object.

The Event only occurs during runtime when you change somthing, but when the form is opened it is rendered from the template you created with Designer and there the object is hidden/invisible.

So, you need another event like layoutReady or change to make it work always.

Level 3

I'm using the exit event for a drop down and displays things after the selection, when saved the selection that was made doesn't show up.  Another question too, I put the script in the layout:Ready and it looks like it works but the document is set to flow and some of the sections don't move up to fill the space.  How do I get it to flow and move up to where it should be??  And also the text boxes that are set to fit to width of text automatically doesn't work anymore when the document is saved.  Sorry I'm new at this part, it's a whole another thing I'm learning now.  Hope this all makes sense. Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

it's barely possible to answer that without the form.

Can you share it?

Level 3

I can't post the form it's on an intranet system and I'm guessing this doesn't work well in a flowed layout??  Is there a way you could post a sample code for a drop down that hide/show an item in the layoutReady event?  I think I got it to almost work.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I forgot one thing.

Make sure you select "Automatically" to preseve the script changes in locally saved forms.

SaveChanges.png

Level 3

Wow that did the trick!!  Thanks so much for your help!!  Yay!