Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't submit form with multiple signatures

Level 7

I have a form with multiple signatures. I've enabled Reader Rights. After the first signature signs, the user must save the document. When the document is saved, then the user cannot submit the form to the next signer. Is there a way to change how this is working?

Thanks,

MDawn

4 Replies

Former Community Member

MDawn

Did you design the form with Adobe Designer?  Assuming you did, when you add a signature field, there is a property enabled by default that "Locks all fields" after signing.  A submit button is also considered a field so it will be locked after the first signature is applied.

You need to either disable this property (I would not recommend this) or create field collections that are assigned to specific signature fields.  A field collection controls which fields are locked by each signature field when signed.

Regards

Steve

Level 7

That is the problem. Why do you not recommend disabling the "locks all fields" property?

MDawn

Former Community Member

Simply because it is more secure to have the fields locked with the signature(s), it prevents users from making changes to signed data accidentily or on purpose.

Regards

Steve