• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to auto adjust the size of a drop-down

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have a table inserted in all of my drop-downs and then I had all of my text and images inside of this table.  The table would automatically resize based on the width of the largest image in that drop-down.  The text would adjust accordingly as well.  Unfortunately, I have to remove the table from all of my drop-downs because Adobe has not fixed the bug that I reported in RoboHelp 8.  If I have a bulleted or numbered-list in a table that is in a drop-down then when I generate to Word RoboHelp adds an extra bullet before and/or after the drop-down.  Since they did not fix this in RoboHelp 9 either, I'm having to remove all of my tables in my drop-downs.  Peter Grainge gave me some changes for my style sheet to make a border appear in my drop-downs so that I don't have to use the table for this part anymore.  The only problem is that when I generate WebHelp the border is staying a defined width and the text is staying within that width, but the image is much larger.  This is a problem in IE and Firefox.  Is there a way to get my border in my drop-downs to resize to the size of my image, just as I got the tables to do?  I would just set my table size to 95%, and that did the trick.  I do not know how to do this with the style sheet for a drop-down.

Here is the text Peter gave me for my style sheet back in December of 2010:

DIV.droptext {
font-size: 10pt;
border-left-style: Solid;
border-right-style: Solid;
border-top-style: Solid;
border-bottom-style: Solid;
border-left-color: #656598;
border-right-color: #656598;
border-top-color: #656598;
border-bottom-color: #656598;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
border-left-width: 2px;
border-right-width: 2px;
border-top-width: 2px;
border-bottom-width: 2px;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to add "display: inline" to the css:

div.droptext {
    font-size: 10pt;
    border: 2px solid #656598;
    padding: 10px;
    display: inline;
}

This will force the dropdown to render as a 'normal' text element instead of a block.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this only added a border before and after every single line in the drop-down, instead of one border around the entire drop-down area. Any other ideas on how to tweak this?

Thanks!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, that's quite a weird effect. That's what I get for not testing...

Instead of display: inline; use display: inline-table; That works for me on RH8.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This works as long as I'm using IE8. And it also works in Firefox!!

Have a great day!!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp