• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Upated field doesn't reflect the actual date of change

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH8. When I update topics I want the Last Updated 'field' to show the date of change so when I publish the project someone can tell when the topic was last updated.  When I open the project today, the Last Updated field changes on all topics to the current date.  Can someone tell me how to modify the code below and is there a way to support this without making it a manual change to the actual topic?

<h3 class="LastUpdated"><span class="Bold">Last Updated:</span> <?rh-variable_start
  name="date" format="MM/dd/yyyy" value="40758.309850" ?>08/04/2011<?rh-variable_end ?>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like you need to untick the "Auto Update This Field" option in the Fields and Variables dialog. This gives you the following code:

<h3 class="LastUpdated"><span class="Bold">Last Updated:</span> <?rh-variable_start
  name="date" format="MM/dd/yyyy" value="40758.715347" constant="TRUE" ?>08/04/2011<?rh-variable_end ?>
</h3>

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew

I found the Auto Update This Field options to untick the option, but I can't test as every topic has today's date which obviously updated when I opened the project. I'm also assuming that I will have to untick the option in each topic, or globally replace the code (not sure if that will work).

My hope is to have the project show Last Updated field with a date (ie 8/4/11) and then when I open the project, update a topic that topic date will change to the current date or the date of the last change (ie 8/5/11).

Do you know if I have to manually untick the option in a topic by topic bases, or can I globally replace the HTML code?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there and welcome to our community

You could likely accomplish it using a good find and replace utility such as FAR.

The main difference is that the option adds constant="TRUE" to the mix.

So you could search for:

value="40758.309850" ?

and replace with:

value="40758.309850"  constant="TRUE" ?

FAR may be obtained at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp