Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assign Task - Prepare Data Service not being called?

Former Community Member

Hi,

I've got an Assign Task activity, with an Action Profile that defines a Prepare Data Service.  For the Prepare data service, I've just created a simple process, and I'm recording it.

When the assign task gets invoked, the Prepare Data Service process is not being executed.  Nothing gets recorded.

Do I need to do something else?

I am running LC ES2 SP2

Note - If I use a Prepare Data Process on a Task Manager start point, it works fine.  It's just not working for an Assign Task activity.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

By default, the checkbox to run the Prepare Data on the User service step is turned off.

Navigate to the Presentation & Data tab on the User service.
If you have selected an Action Profile that specifies a Prepare Data process, you'll see 3 checkboxes under the section: Specify when the Prepare Data process runs
Check "The user opens the task" and it will now run the Prepare Data on the User service.

Note: This is unchecked by default so that any data entered on the startpoint step is not overwritten at the user step.
It is up to the process designer to save off any data that you do not want overridden when the Prepare Data loads.

Diana

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

By default, the checkbox to run the Prepare Data on the User service step is turned off.

Navigate to the Presentation & Data tab on the User service.
If you have selected an Action Profile that specifies a Prepare Data process, you'll see 3 checkboxes under the section: Specify when the Prepare Data process runs
Check "The user opens the task" and it will now run the Prepare Data on the User service.

Note: This is unchecked by default so that any data entered on the startpoint step is not overwritten at the user step.
It is up to the process designer to save off any data that you do not want overridden when the Prepare Data loads.

Diana

Former Community Member

Sorry, yes I see that now.

Thanks .. has answered my question!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----