Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5: Getting wrong page count

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm creating a 3 page captivate test lesson (because we are intalling an LMS)

There are clearly 3 pages in my lesson. I used a master slide for the background elements. On the master slide I used the variable:

Page cpinfocurrentslide of rdinfoslidecount to place a footer that ends up as "Page 1 of 3", etc.

But when I run the program, it says there are 4 pages. It also plays like there are 4 pages. After clicking a button on the last page it goes to what looks like a blank white page--but back in the film strip there isnt one.

Anyone know what's going on? I've used Captivate 3 and 4 but I'm pretty new to Cap 5 so maybe I'm missing something?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Strange, this happens when a slide is hidden, to have a seemingly wrong slide number, but you tell that there are only 3 slides?

Sure nothing has been corrupted? Try to copy the slides to a blank new project, to see if the issue persists.

BTW could you check your version number, if you are talking about 5.0 It should now read 5.0.2.630 if you installed all the released updates

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, this happens when a slide is hidden, to have a seemingly wrong slide number, but you tell that there are only 3 slides?

Sure nothing has been corrupted? Try to copy the slides to a blank new project, to see if the issue persists.

BTW could you check your version number, if you are talking about 5.0 It should now read 5.0.2.630 if you installed all the released updates

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lilybiri

I do have the correct version number 5.0.2.630.

I'm not sure what happened but when I copied the slides over to a new file the problem was fixed. So thanks for suggesting that. Weird! I'm sure I did something to cause the problem, I just wish I knew what it was in case it ever happens again!

Noelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any chance that you had set up your Captivate file to open another project in the Quiz Pass or Fail settings? I'm thinking about the "If Passing Grade" and "If Failing Grade", which is normally set to Continue. If you set either of these up to open another project then this will actually add an "invisible" slide in your Captivate project and make the slide number count go haywire.

I have reported the bug to Adobe and it's present in CP5 and CP5.5

/Michael

www.cpguru.com - Adobe Captivate Widgets, Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and much more..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources