• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 (PC-XP) Custom mouse properties change when recording

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a "launch page" in a template that contains the desired custom mouse property defaults. However, when I record it keeps reverting back to the default "Show mouse click" displaying a small blue box click area rather than the Custom Yellow Circle I created.

I've right clicked on a sample of the correct mouse and selected "Use current mouse pointer for all slides" but nothing seems to work.

I deleted my Captivate preferences and generated new ones but still no luck. I would like to record and have the recording display the yellow circle I created on all slides containing the mouse.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2011 Aug 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

To my knowledge there is no way to influence the mouse pointer used when you record. If it were possible, I might imagine it would be found in this area:

Edit > Preferences > Recording > Defaults. But you will notice the mouse is absent from this area. There is another area where the mouse is present and that is in Edit > Preferences > Global > Defaults. If you click the Select drop-down you may choose the Mouse on that list. But all you are doing there is choosing the behavior if you choose to later add mouse movement indepentently to a slide.

I don't believe that setting the pointer in a template is sufficient as I don't believe we yet have a way to influence things that way. If you would like to see this capability added to a future version of Captivate, please consider submitting a Wish Form to ask for it. (Link to the Wish Form is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources