• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching opening and closing tags in MXML

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is possible to match the opening and closing tag in MXML with Flash Builder 4.x?
In AS3 you can see the curly braces highlighted and you can type Ctrl+Shift+P to jump from one bracket to the other.
In DreamWeaver you can see the hierarchy for every HTML element, and you  can click any HTML element to highlight the block inside.

I can see only icons with - and + for contract or expand the MXML blocks, but they are working wrong !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this thread. It's driving me nuts that I can't match tags and I don't understand why this feature is not in here. It should be easy for the developers to implement since almost every other code editor out there can do it. I don't know if it's in 4.5 or not but it needs to be patched into 4.0 for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the element in Outline view, it should highlight the entire tag for you.  Is it not doing this in FB 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FB 4 it just highlights the opening tag unfortunately. Outline view makes it easy to see the structure of the code, but often times I would like to actually have the code highlight between the tags. I will be upgrading to 4.5 soon so hopefully I can do it in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please log a bug - http://bugs.adobe.com/flex under 'Flash Builder' Project for folding usecase (+ and - ) not working in MXML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines