• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 9 editing on the network

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember back when we were using RoboHelp 5 that we were warned against working on RoboHelp projects on the network. It was advised to always copy the project folder to your desktop.

We are using RoboHelp 9 now, and it was asked why we are not working on the network drive. Is it still inadvisable to work on RH projects on the network? I'd like to gauge the responses before returning with an answer.

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected that RH hasn't changed so much that it would magically compensate for the twitchiness of working on the network. I'll let our IT folks know why our current process of copying the project over is still needed. Thank you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up, are there any known issues with VDI? We're moving to virtual desktops. I myself am still using a real desktop, but that'll soon change. I do have a couple of developers who are now using VDI.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can remote into a desktop to which only you have access. If that desktop is a virtual machine I cannot answer. In theory I suspect it is OK but practice may be something else.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp