• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adequate Documentation Support for CMS

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am appalled at the lack of documentation that Adobe has provided in FrameMaker 10 for CMS support. In general I'm disgusted that the documentation for FrameMaker in general has significantly declined. The version 7, 8, and 9 documentation was good. Now, it looks like the outsourced their documentation effort to Microsoft.

It's filled with fluff, has missing information, lack of detail, and is on the level of:

1. To drive a car.

2. Insert key in ignition.

3. Drive car.

Technically correct, but totally useless.

The CMS section has so little information on how to configure Sharepoint to integrate it with FrameMaker's CMS feature as to make it ludicruous. It provides no troubleshooting information, no setup beyond the intial connection dialogs.

I expect more for software that costs this much.

I expect competence.

Maybe outsourcing isn't so good.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you thought the documentation in versions 7, 8, and 9 were good you should have seen the documentation included in version 3.2. And it was all paper! I still have it somewhere 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I did. I cut my teeth on FrameMaker version 3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines