• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In RoboHelp,we can't able to input japanese character in search box while english is able to type?

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Our Application having multilanguage support(Localization) which using adobe RoboHelp

we can't able to input japanese character in search box while english is able to type and get result.please help us if anybody having knowledge for these issue.

Thanks,

Sunil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/886536?tstart=0

You have not indicated which version of RoboHelp you are using or the output you are creating. Please see the sticky topic Before you Post.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

we are using Adobe RoboHelp 8 which we area using.

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil.

See if the thread that Peter posted helps and post back.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi colum,

Thanks .I had tried it but i am not able to get solution from it

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output type are you producing. Please do try and give us the information we need to try and help you by reading the posting guidelines. Have you access to a PC with Japanese language on it? If not, I can't see how you are going to be able to test this properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Our Application  developed in Adobe Air with  multiple language support ,When user click on  help  menu, It will Open Adobe AIR's  Window component which Render Adobe RoboHelp 8 's xyz.html file which shows Help detail.

In Help  Window there is search functionality , When user login with english  language , user can able to type english keyword in search box while in Japanese language, user cannot able to type Japanese keyword.

Also,When user login in japanese language then  user also set it's region language japanese from Control panel of Window XP.

But I User cannot able to type in Seach box in help window  which  having  . html  Adobe RoboHelp File. This is whole story.

Please Reply if you have good answer. i am waiting for that.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK it has taken this long to establish that you are generating AIRHelp. This is not an area that I have a lot of expertise in. Also I am confused by your words  about the user logging on with the English / Japanese language. What does this mean exactly as this does not seem to be anything related to the help file. Could this be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anybody,

Our Application  developed in Adobe Air with  multiple language support ,When user click on  help  menu, It will Open Adobe AIR's  Window component which Render Adobe RoboHelp 8 's xyz.html file which shows Help detail.

In Help  Window there is search functionality , When user login with english  language , user can able to type english keyword in search box while in Japanese language, user cannot able to type Japanese keyword.

Also,When user login in japanese language then  user also set it's region language japanese from Control panel of Window XP.

But I User cannot able to type in Seach box in help window  which  having  . html  Adobe RoboHelp File. This is whole story.

Please Reply if anybody can have good answer. i am waiting for that.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil

I don't understand why you have reposted your question. Colum asked some questions but you have not responded to them.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peter,

Because he is not geting my point of view.

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is what you think you should explain how Colum's answer has not helped. If you believe a question has not been understood it clearly needs to be asked in a different way, repeating it is not going to achieve anything.

In my first post I asked what version of RoboHelp you were using and what output. You only gave the version and not the output, you did not give that until Colum asked again.

Your subsequent posts are not clear.

1. Is this one help file that has topics in multiple languages?
  2. Is it multiple help files each in a different language?
  3. Is the login when logging in to the PC or have your developers created some login to the help?

Making the problem clear may help. I cannot say it will as this is a new problem.

If it was not understood first time, repeating it does not make it any clearer. You have to help the forum supporters help you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I had reposted due to less replies from forum supporter. Sorry if i hurt you any ways.

I want to know that whether Adobe AIR having issue or Adobe RoboHelp 8 ?

1. Is this one help file that has topics in multiple languages?

Answer : No.Every language having its own .html file for Adobe robohelp8

•    2. Is it multiple help files each in a different language?
  •      Answer : Yes.
  •    3. Is the login when logging in to the PC or have your developers created some login to the help?
  •      Answer :Yes.First Run Our Software which is in Adobe AIR and then login into software , go to help menu and it will open Adobe RoboHelp .Html file  in Adobe AIR Window Component.
  • Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a case of being hurt, it's about getting you an answer and your post was never going to help you with that.

Is there one version of your application or one version per language? What I am wanting to understand is how the application delivers the help in the correct language.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Same Version of Adobe RoboHelp file is used for all languages.e.g.when user login into software you have to select language  according that selection .help file will be opened.Tell if somthing is missing  from my side.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked if there was one version of your application (software), you haven't answered that.

Earlier I asked if there was one help file or one per language and you said one per language. Now you say there is just one help file.

What you need to do is create a test. A simple project with a couple of topics. Make the default language for that project Japanese. Install the AIR help on a system where Japanese is what is set in Windows for the region and keyboard. If that does not work, then I would say there is a problem that should be logged with Adobe. If it does work, we need to work out what is going wrong in your set up.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only One Version) is used but one .Html file per language is used for localization

I had done is sample project.Make the default language for that project Japanese. Install the AIR help on a system where Japanese is what is set in Windows for the region and keyboard. and still i  am not able to type janapene in it.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so can now ignore anything be down to your application or the real help being in multiple languages. You have a single language project when does not do what it should when run on the same configuration a real Japansese language user would be working with.

In a perverse way I was hoping it would be something to do with your setup but now that you have isolated the core problem, it looks very much like there is a bug as there has been one other report of this.

I will notify Adobe but you must also complete a bug report at the least. The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

It may be worth logging a support call to see if they have a fix. Sorry I could not help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Participant ,
    Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter for all your support to undestand the issue.if i found something or solution for this , i will share with you.

Thanks.

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Resources
    RoboHelp Documentation
    Download Adobe RoboHelp