Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.3.183.5 Released

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release addresses compatibility issues that include:

• Mac OS X Lion: The Flash Player settings dialog does not respond to mouse clicks (2918693)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer 9: Audio may stop playing after switching tabs (2927827)

In addition, this release includes security fixes that will benefit all users.

You can download this release from the following pages:

Get Flash Player

Alternate Flash Player Download Page

Additional details regarding this release can be found here:

Flash Player Release Notes

Security Bulletin APSB11-21

Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this fix the fact that fullscreen is no longer fullscreen also?

that is the problem I am having with Chrome and IE

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, still no fullscreen working

please address, Thank you for your time and effort

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gridking1,

I'm unfamiliar with this problem.  Do you know if there is a bug report for this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  If not, could you please create one and include your system details (instructions for this can be found here) the URL and steps you're taking to reproduce the problem.  Please post back on a new thread with the bug's URL so that others affected can add their votes to the bug.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this fix the issue in Lion OS which causes my iMac to freeze when trying to view a video after the computer has been "woken up" from "sleep"??

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jime0000 wrote:

Does this fix the issue in Lion OS which causes my iMac to freeze when trying to view a video after the computer has been "woken up" from "sleep"??

I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

We are aware of this bug and we believe the root cause of the problem has been found and hope it should make a future update in the next few months.  I have seen reports that this also occurs with other video playback, in addition to Flash.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work in Windows Vista using a Standard Account.  The plugin is NOT listed in the Firefox's plugin list for the current user (Standard Account).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sgamat wrote:

It doesn't work in Windows Vista using a Standard Account.  The plugin is NOT listed in the Firefox's plugin list for the current user (Standard Account).

I just tried this out with a standard account on Win 7 and the plug-in loaded properly.  Can you verify that the "NPSWF32.dll" file is present in the following folder:

32 bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

64 bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.3.183.5 has fixed the "Mac OS X Lion: The Flash Player settings dialog does not respond to mouse clicks (2918693)" problem, good work, thanks.

However under Mac OS X Lion I am still unable to select my webcam. I have an inbuilt iSight cam on my MBP 15" 2010 and also an iSight cam on my Apple Cinema Display 27" 2010. I am only able to use the iSight cam on my MBP (so it's quite usless when I'm at my desk using my monitor).

ie. in the Adobe Flash Player Settings, Camera tab I only have one entry for USB Video Class Video available in the drop down menu.

May I please ask if this is a known problem and will be fixed in a later release?

Some notes:

This happens in the latest versions of Chrome and Safari.

There was not a problem on OS X 10.6.8 (and whatever the latest version of Flash Player was then?).

Both my iSight cams are selectable using Facetime and iChat. I've no other webcams on my system.

There is no way AFAIK in OS X to disbale only one webcam; you can disable them both via moving a system file, but even this crude workaround is not available.

Thanks again, we're getting to a stage where people with MacBooks can use their webcams at a workstation it seems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sorry, this still doesn't work but a workaround is simply to close the lid on my MacBook. This means the MacBook's iSight camera is no longer available so Flash Player now uses the Cinema Display's.

I'm -pretty- sure that I could select my webcam in 10.6.8 (contradicting myself slightly from before) as I can in Facetime and iChat? However is Flash's problem that it can't cope with two webcams of the same name, in this case they're both called "USB Video Class Video"? Facetime calls one "Display iSight" and the other "Built in iSight"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Munty Hoven wrote:

10.3.183.5 has fixed the "Mac OS X Lion: The Flash Player settings dialog does not respond to mouse clicks (2918693)" problem, good work, thanks.

However under Mac OS X Lion I am still unable to select my webcam. I have an inbuilt iSight cam on my MBP 15" 2010 and also an iSight cam on my Apple Cinema Display 27" 2010. I am only able to use the iSight cam on my MBP (so it's quite usless when I'm at my desk using my monitor).

ie. in the Adobe Flash Player Settings, Camera tab I only have one entry for USB Video Class Video available in the drop down menu.

May I please ask if this is a known problem and will be fixed in a later release?

Thanks again, we're getting to a stage where people with MacBooks can use their webcams at a workstation it seems!

Hi Munty,

This is a known bug (our interntal bug number is 2785485) and is marked fix for Flash Player 11.  In fact, we just released a new beta of Flash Player 11 today, which should include this fix.  We'd love to get your feedback.  If you're up for trying it out, you can grab the build here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11/

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the new silent install command? The ActiveX version used to use -install and Other was /install, both of which bring up the basic UI with status bar and Finished button, then the Flash Player completion webpage opens.

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon-Hall wrote:

What's the new silent install command? The ActiveX version used to use -install and Other was /install, both of which bring up the basic UI with status bar and Finished button, then the Flash Player completion webpage opens.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Pinging the installer team about this.  I had thought one of the two (slash or dash) would work.  I'll let you know what I hear back.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris.campbell wrote:

Jon-Hall wrote:

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Pinging the installer team about this.  I had thought one of the two (slash or dash) would work.  I'll let you know what I hear back.

Chris

Jon,

Our installer engineers just finished retesting this and were unable to reproduce the problem.

"InstallAX.exe -install" worked as expected, no UI is displayed, Flash Player completion page did not display

"InstallPlugin.exe -install" worked as expected, no UI is displayed, Flash Player completion page did not display

Can you retry this and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do adobe have mail list or sth that notfiy us flash player upgraded

it seems 10.3.183.5 with alchemy not work now,after hard work we finally find the player upgraded and some mechanism changed

maybe its about security improved ,but you upgread the player WITHOUT ANY NEWS,BLOG,MAIL,just a forum post!

now 2000 our clients can not play with flash player,we spent 6 hours at night just find the damm player upgraded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smia wrote:

do adobe have mail list or sth that notfiy us flash player upgraded

it seems 10.3.183.5 with alchemy not work now,after hard work we finally find the player upgraded and some mechanism changed

maybe its about security improved ,but you upgread the player WITHOUT ANY NEWS,BLOG,MAIL,just a forum post!

now 2000 our clients can not play with flash player,we spent 6 hours at night just find the damm player upgraded

Hi Smia,

I'm sorry you guys went through that last night.  As it happens, there is actually a blog specifically for Runtime releases.  This should be a great way to keep updated with both official and beta releases of AIR and Flash Player.

Adobe Flash Platform Runtime Releases

Hope this helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

Even with this latest update, in OS X Lion enabling hardware acceleration seems to kill video when streaming live video from CNN. Go to the Flash settings and enable hardware acceleration on an OS X system running Lion, and then go to http://www.cnn.com/video, click the "Live" button at the top, and then select one of the live streaming broadcasts at the bottom of the screen (under the subscription streams). The video will load and ask to install the octoshape plugin. It will show the advertisement perfectly fine, but then will show a blank window when the video content loads. The audio seems to work just fine.

This is on a MacBook Pro (2009 model), and happens when either of the GPUs is active (Geforce 9400M or 9600M). The system is fully updated, running the latest version of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and the problem happens on all three browsers. I have cleared caches and cookies for the browsers, and have tried loading both with and without the octoshape plugin installed...still no go. The only way to get the video to work in this situation is to disable hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tkessler45 wrote:

Hello Chris,

Even with this latest update, in OS X Lion enabling hardware acceleration seems to kill video when streaming live video from CNN. Go to the Flash settings and enable hardware acceleration on an OS X system running Lion, and then go to http://www.cnn.com/video, click the "Live" button at the top, and then select one of the live streaming broadcasts at the bottom of the screen (under the subscription streams). The video will load and ask to install the octoshape plugin. It will show the advertisement perfectly fine, but then will show a blank window when the video content loads. The audio seems to work just fine.

This is on a MacBook Pro (2009 model), and happens when either of the GPUs is active (Geforce 9400M or 9600M). The system is fully updated, running the latest version of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and the problem happens on all three browsers. I have cleared caches and cookies for the browsers, and have tried loading both with and without the octoshape plugin installed...still no go. The only way to get the video to work in this situation is to disable hardware acceleration.

Hi tkessler45,

I just tried this on my 2010 MacBook Pro (NVIDIA GT 330M/Intel HD Graphics) but hardware acceleration worked fine with the live stream.  I'll find out if this is a known issue with that GPU or if we have this system in our lab and give it a try.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris.campbell wrote:

tkessler45 wrote:

Hello Chris,

Hi tkessler45,

I just tried this on my 2010 MacBook Pro (NVIDIA GT 330M/Intel HD Graphics) but hardware acceleration worked fine with the live stream.  I'll find out if this is a known issue with that GPU or if we have this system in our lab and give it a try.

Chris

We've been able to reproduce this with the current and previous version of Flash Player with both 10.6 and 10.7.  Could you add this as a new bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please post back with the URL (you might want to make a new thread) so that others affected can cast their votes and add comments.  I'll link your bug with our internal one and you should be able to see status updates as the bug progresses.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the 10.3.183.5 MSI installers not have the Windows Control Panel applet included?

Installed overtop of an older install that already has the applet, it does not delete it, but if you install fresh from the 10.3.183.5 MSI's, it does not install the applet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ksilfer wrote:

Do the 10.3.183.5 MSI installers not have the Windows Control Panel applet included?

Installed overtop of an older install that already has the applet, it does not delete it, but if you install fresh from the 10.3.183.5 MSI's, it does not install the applet.

I've asked our installer team for their feedback.  I'll let you know what I find.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

I use to be able to go the the trouble shoot page for installing flash player and there would be an option for manual intstall.

I used that to bypass all the adobe air and other stuff

Today I went to that page and there was no option for manual install

I use Vista 32 bit OS an Internet Explorer

has this option been taken away from users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DeastCCM wrote:

Chris

I use to be able to go the the trouble shoot page for installing flash player and there would be an option for manual intstall.

I used that to bypass all the adobe air and other stuff

Today I went to that page and there was no option for manual install

I use Vista 32 bit OS an Internet Explorer

has this option been taken away from users?

Try this page:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_DownloadInstallFireFox

Scroll down a bit to the first "Advanced Troubleshooting" section, you should see two links for Flash Player for ActiveX and Flash Player Plugin.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I'm using IE as my browser and I don't have any proxy stuff

So are you saying that the link

Flash Player for ActiveX

install_flash_player_ax.exe

should take me to the correct installation of the lates Flash player for Vista OS with IE as browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines