Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle ES and soapUI (Assembler and Forms problems)

Level 3

Hello

I'm trying to invoke the Assembler service via soapUI (eviware soapUI), specifically the method "invoke", by passing a DDX and I can not do it.

My environment is:

My invocation:
I want to flatten a PDF (created with Adobe Designer), for which service delivery:

+ DDX:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DDX xmlns="
http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">
<PDF result="out.pdf" save="Full" mergeLayers="true">
  <Author value="SOAP-UI - Servicio de Formularios PDF."/>
  <Subject value="SOAP-UI - Formulario consolidado"/>
  <PDF source="pdfToFlatten.pdf">
   <NoXFA/>
  </PDF>
</PDF>
</DDX>

- Files needed (referenced in the ddx, "pdfToFlatten.pdf").

I can do this task programmatically (from Java and Axis client ) and make the same request and in this case it works properly ... but I NEED to call it from soapUI.

I can communicate with the services of LC and invoke its methods from soapUI (not a permissions issue), in fact if we invoke the getVersion method Assembler Service get a satisfactory response.

assembler.getVersion.png

My SOAP request in soapUI:

assembler.invoke.png

Problem:
Assembler can not find the source PDF (called "pdfToFlatten.pdf" referenced in the DDX) to process.

FaultString on soapResponse: com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.client.ProcessingException: ALC-ASM-S00-002: Failed to execute the DDX - error messages provided. Caused by: com.adobe.internal.ddxm.DDXMException: com.adobe.internal.pdfm.CollateralNotFoundException: DDXM_S14017: A &lt;PDF> source document is required, but no documents were found for {PDF source="pdfToFlatten.pdf" baseDocument="true"}. Caused by: com.adobe.internal.pdfm.CollateralNotFoundException: DDXM_S14017: A &lt;PDF> source document is required, but no documents were found for {PDF source="pdfToFlatten.pdf" baseDocument="true"}.; nested exception is:
com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.client.ProcessingException: ALC-ASM-S00-002: Failed to execute the DDX - error messages provided.

Error in url server providen: com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive.execute DDXM_S00001: Failed to assemble result named out.pdfcom.adobe.internal.ddxm.DDXMException: com.adobe.internal.pdfm.CollateralNotFoundException: DDXM_S14017: A <PDF> source document is required, but no documents were found for {PDF source="pdfToFlatten.pdf" baseDocument="true"}...

assembler.invoke.log.png

And the specific question is how do I pass the files mentioned in the ddx from soapUI to reach the server? I do not know how to do this.

In the Forms service (which must also be invoked via soapUI) also appear parameters of type Map (apachesoap: mapItem) and need to know how I pass the values to these fields.

Thanks.

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to  Use Adobe LC Server Assembler service to try PDF Assembly .

and i generated the java files from the wsdl2java tool for the wsdl

http://lcserver:8080/soap/services/AssemblerService?WSDL&lc_version=8.2.1

from the adobe site i got some sample clients to do the pdf assembly also,

but i couldnt find most of the files in my auto generated java code from axis2 as described in the above link.

as you told in your earlier post that  you could do this task programmatically (from Java and Axis client ). Could you please tell me how to pass the authentication credentials thru java?

Thanks,

-Remya