Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font list has one entry

Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows XP / RH8 / RSC 1.3

On one project I  just noticed the Font drop-down list has only one entry (Times New  Roman), which is not the font the project is using.  The project is still shown in the Arial font, and this issue is not currently causing me a problem, but I thought I had better address it now.  Other projects do not have this issue.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

Message was edited by: tojo45

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

You could try deleting the cpd, copying the good .apj file then opening the project (again preventing RSC from getting the latest from the server).

If this works, then you can check out the apj from RSC, paste the good one in, and check back in.  (pasting then opening RH won't trigger the source control functions so you have to do it manually.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a topic in the rogue project and go to Format > Font Sets. I suspect you will see just TNR.

Do the same in a good project and you should see a full list.

Assuming that is the case, the quickest solution would be to copy rhfontset.apj from the good project. Do that via Windows Explorer with both projects closed.

I am assuming you don't normally edit the FontSet list and that something has gone wrong with that file in the rogue project. Odd as I haven't seen it happen before.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks so much for the reply. You are correct that I do nothing with the font set.

However, copying the rhfontset.apj file from a project with a full font list did not fix the issue.

With no projects open, I copied the file from the good project (file size 26kb) replacing the file in the project with just TNR ( file size 1kb) , then opened the project with the problem.  Still only TNR on the list.

I went to the file folder and the file size was back to 1kb.  I guess RSC pulled the file from the server and replaced the one I copied but it did not complain about anything changing outside of the project.

I tried again only did not let it get the latest files from the server and it retained the 26kb file, but still only TNR in the project font list.

I tried this twice just to make sure.

I'm hoping there is a simpler solution, but at this point I'm thinking creating a new project and importing the html files, the TOC and the Index might be what it takes to solve the problem.

Any other things you can suggest to try?

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now you have lobbed the good old source control grenade in.

Select all the topics in Topic List, right click and select Properties, then change the CSS used. I'm not too hopeful as your topics are showing the correct fonts which would not be the case if the CSS used was corrupt.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

You were right to not get your hopes up.

When I changed the CSS it did change the look of the topic in view.  But the font list was unchanged.  Changed it back to the original and still the same.

I'm game for more shots at it if you have ammunition.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the whole project zipped up, excluding any outputs?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting the cpd, copying the good .apj file then opening the project (again preventing RSC from getting the latest from the server).

If this works, then you can check out the apj from RSC, paste the good one in, and check back in.  (pasting then opening RH won't trigger the source control functions so you have to do it manually.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I didn't see your reply re the size of the zipped project until this morning and your suggestion about deleting the CPD was there.

And it worked, however, I was not quite clear on the second step re checking out and in the end was back to one font on the list.

Here's what I did:  With the project still open (with the full font list) I checked out the apj file, pasted the good one in again, and that triggered the dialog to check in the apj file, which I did.   Reopened the project and just one font displayed.

Could I ask you to spell out the steps after the font list is full?

You got me to the prize but I dropped it somewhere.

Thanks so much.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was Amebr's suggestion that got the show on the road.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, did you paste the apj file using windows explorer? I wouldn't have expected that to trigger a check-in. The process I would expect would be: manually check out in RSC. Paste the file in Windows Explorer. Manually check in using RSC. (Although I haven't used RSC, only a couple of other source control apps I would think the process would be similar).

If deleting the cpd brought the entire font list back, then I think I'd delete it again, confirm that the font list is complete and leave it at that.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr/Peter,

Based on suggestions by both of you I was able to correct the problem as follows:

With the project with the font list problem closed.

1. In the project folder for the project with the problem I deleted the .cpd file.
  2. In RSC, in the project with the problem, I checked out the rhfontset.apj file
  3. In Windows explorer I copied the rhfontset.apj from a project that displays the full font list and used it to replace the rhfontset.apj in the project with the problem.
  4. In RSC checked in the rhfontset.apj file.

Started the project with the problem and the font list was now fully populated.

PETER: Sorry about my confusion so far as replying to you for  Amebr's suggestion.

Thanks to both of you for your help.  I appreciate it very much.

Regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is basically the correct answer.  I was a little unclear/confused about the RSC part and checked the file out in RH not RSC, which didn't work.  See the last entry in the conversation for the steps that solved the problem.

And thanks Amebr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp