• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding topics in compiled help

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to hide a topic so that it is included in the compiled help but can only be found by searching with a specific keyword? I don't want to exclude it from the compiled help; I just don't want it to be visible to the general public but still accessible to those of us who need it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any topic that is not indexed, not in the TOC and not linked from other topics etc can only be accessed by searching. However the search will catch all text rather than just a keyword.

There are threads here describing how to exclude topics from a search. How about excluding the topic from a search but making the topic accessible by some hidden means in another topic. For example, create a small icon the same colour as the background of a page so that it cannot be seen. Make that a hyperlink to the topic. I accept it is a kludge but it is only for a small number of people in the know as to where that graphic is, it would work.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp