• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML code appears corrupted - anyone run into this problem?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH8 HTML - All of my topics have unusual spacing in the html code.  This happens with a brand new project - starting right from the menu to select a new project.  As soon as the project is created I go into the first topic and look at the html code and it looks something like this:

html_code.jpg

OK, even though it's hard to read, you can get the jist of it.  This happens with old or new projects.

I am hoping I do not have to have our IT staff perform a uninstall/install.  Any feedback is greatly appreciate.

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add that the usual trick of restoring the default font to Courier at 100% does not work as the dropdown is blank when Robert accesses it.

Also this applies to any project Robert opens, including the samples.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the rhfontset.apj file be empty? How this would happen for all projects I'm not sure, but it would be worth checking before doing a full uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I be able to view the contents of this file?  Also, after posting my message, I went to another machine that has a copy of RH8 installed and opened some of the same project files and the html code looked fine.  I am leaning more toward the fact I will need a uninstall/install performed. 

I'll wait another day or two to contact our IT team to perform this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The rhfontset.apj is just an XML file with another extension. Open it in notepad. It should hold quite a number of font entries.

Backup your project, then replace the rhfontset.apj file from a working project to your own project. Delete the CPD and open the project again. Then go to HTML view and restore font to Courier 100%.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp