Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Support with Mac 0S X - LION

Jul 23, 2011 Jul 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Mac to Lion and have lost the use of Digital Editions which I use to borrow books from my local library and transfer to my Nook. Digital Editions is no longer compatable. Will there be an upgrade soon or is there a fix I can use? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Hey Emily,

I was having the same problem too, but I was able to correct it by clicking on the link below:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403051.html

Scroll down to "Manually install Adobe Digital Editions for Mac OS." Because you're running Lion, you have an Intel-based Mac, so choose that. From there, you should be able to download Adobe Digital Editions.

Hope this helps you.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2011 Jul 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Emily,

I was having the same problem too, but I was able to correct it by clicking on the link below:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403051.html

Scroll down to "Manually install Adobe Digital Editions for Mac OS." Because you're running Lion, you have an Intel-based Mac, so choose that. From there, you should be able to download Adobe Digital Editions.

Hope this helps you.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! IT WORKED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions in this thread, downloaded and installed the latest version of Digital Editions for the Mac. I am using OS 7. The program installed successfully. However, when I double-click the ".ascm" files from my public library, Digital Editions opens, but the books do not appear in the library. When I select "Add item to library" from the Library view, files with .ascm extensions are gray and thus cannot be added. On the other hand, files with .epub extensions can be opened.

Help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me.  All you have to do is download your book again, and this time, when prompted, select Adobe Digital Editions as the application with which to open your downloaded file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much discussion with tech support at Overdrive (the company that manages electronic books for libraries), I discovered that the only solution to my problem was to create a new user account on my Mac and reinstall Digital Editions in that account. Apparently, even when you follow Adobe's uninstall instructions to the letter, some ghostly remainder of Digital Editions is left behind, and that prevents a clean install.

Susan Rubendall

3407 N Trainer Road

Rockford, IL

Susan Rubendall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your OS X Lion "see" your Nook?  Mine doesn't.  Ever since I upgraded, I have to email files to it because it no longer shows up in my Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone, iPad, and Kindle but not a Nook. Check to be sure that you have the most recent updates to the Nook operating system. Barnes and Noble might also have an FAQ with a solution or a forum for Mac users. Good luck.

Susan Rubendall

3407 N Trainer Road

Rockford, IL

Home: 815-636-9746

Cell: 815-985-9792

E-mail: susanrubendall@aol.com

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Susan.  It turns out my connectivity problem was due to a bad plug (I tripped on it yesterday morning and it was yanked out of my Nook causing the plug to bend and stop functioning properly). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines