Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Users with "metafile download failed" error message

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an Adobe employee working on the issues surrounding the download manager to download Adobe Reader.

The team is aware that some users are having difficulty downloading Adobe Reader due to an error message, "metafile download failed".

If you are one of the users having the problem of "metafile  download failed" error message, please send me a private message with  your email address so we can contact you.

Thanks,

-Yuko C.

NOTE:  to send a private message, click on the User Name to go to their  profile page and then use the link to send a private message in the  Action panel there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here looking for an answer to just this question.  Happy to help if I can.

pitts*****LISD*****org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't read pdfs in firefox 5.0 with adobe reader 10.1 in Windows 7. IE9 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mix of XP and Win7 workstations all but 1 using IE8.  I was finally able to install the new version of flash player this evening by uninstalling the older version, rebooting and installing the latest version.  I have completed 3 workstations (win7 with IE9, win7 with IE8, XP with IE8) with 30+ to go.  Please tell me there is a better fix for installing flash player updates than this.

Thanks!

[email address deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

knoworry

This thread concerns Adobe Reader, please repost your question in the Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'day Yuko

We experienced the same issue today today trying to install on a W7x64 box, IE9, Office 2010.

Users must go through the corporate proxy.

I tried adding a rule to the proxy to allow ANY traffic sent its way through but was still seeing hits on the firewall from the PC.

Added a rule to the firewall to allow the PC out and it all went through.

It looks to me as if there is something in the installer/downloader that is trying to bypass the proxy and not follow instructions.

Cheers

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yuko

Still having the problems as you have mentioned above, happy to try and help you get to the bottom of this,

martin.denning@clearchannel.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, on our XP systems. Windows 7 seem to work fine.

Same possible workaround with the firewall, but allowing full access for all PC's is not really an option.

We pushed the full installation file (after downloading the latest version) with a remote management tool and could solve it like that, but this is also not an option for all I think.

Let met know if any extra assistance/logging/info is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue this morning. I already had v.10 installed and wanted to go back to v.9 to resolve a compatibility issue. I've had the "metafile downoad failed" message at 33% for both v.9 and v.8. Thanks for working this issue. Grichnik_Heather_A at Cat dot com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is having the same issue on one of our engineer’s and manager's computer.

1.       Yes

2.       Corporate

3.       NO on the inside

4.       Win & 64 bit   IE9, IE8, and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP SP3

IE 8.0

Watchguard Firebox

I have two different buildings that have a watchguard firebox installed in each. Each are configured differently (in respect to policies and what is allowed) for each buidling.

Building one uses 192.168.31.X for an IP address. Firewall has not changed over the past few months. Was able to download adobe reader and flash player a few months ago. Tried to install both reader and flash yesterday and when trying to Run the application it said "not a valid win32 applciation". Then tried to save the file and run. Received the same message. Next downloaded the exe file from my system onto a flash drive. Plugged in the flash drive and ran the exe file. The exe tried to install but then received "metafile download failed". This happened for both of the exe apps.

Next changed the ip address on the computer so it used the watchguard firebox in building two. This firebox has less restrictions. Again launched the exe for reader and player. Both installed with no problems.

Again, building one firebox is "locked down" more so than building two firebox. However, I did not make any changes to the firebox and it was working a few months or weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the problem on windows.

you need to change your proxy settings and disable the "automatic configuration script" and manually enter the proxy under "Proxy Server"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.Then I was able to download and install Reader X after changing the proxy setting. Disabling the automatic script and

enabling the direct entry in proxy server seems to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our company we can't disable the proxy configuration script, so the workaround does not apply to us.

There will be a bugfix to correct the problem or we need to deploy centrally the update msi package?

thks

michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a copy of what was in the other area, I did not see this new post started, sorry.

Week 4 july 2011 reader, flash, shockwave downloaded ok from the download page.

Last week 18 july 2011 when I tried to download, that part of adobe site was down.

Later on in week and today, I am just getting the 'Metafile download failed' message at 33%.

Same new pc's on both occasions ( ie 7, windows xp sp3 behind corporate firewall )

Shockwave seem to download ok.

Reader and flash, instead of coming up with the DLM as previously, is trying to download a file ending .........gtbd_Aih.exe

Has Adobe changed something??

HELP

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office environment: PIX Firewall, ISAProxy Server, Win7 Professional 64Bit and XP Pro Svc Pack 3.

We have two ways out for our laptops...one is through the Proxy and Firewall which produces the Metafile Download Failed error.

I tried changing Auto Detect Proxy settings to "off" but that did not help.

Using the direct links to the .exe file for upgrades as suggested in the original post work fine through the Proxy and Firewall

The other is directly "outside" using a wireless Cisco/Linksys router.  It shares the same ISP path out (Cablevision), but avoids the Proxy and Firewall.  I do not get the error using this path.

Happy to help if I can.

francom@visitingnurse.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2011 Jul 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the same issue today, please email me if you require any details

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some problems with Acrobat itself and in trying to resolve it uninstalled everything Adobe and started again.  Acrobat is ok now but I can't re-install Reader because of the metafile download failure problem.  Previously I hade Adobe reader installed and it was receiving updates normally.

I've tried with various different browsers but it seems to be browser independent. 

Do you actually need my email address in this message?  I presume you will have it on your database from my scrreeen name?

Cheers

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

discovered that our IT department have an installation source within the network so I've installed from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble downloading as well as other co workers. can you please help this

is become very annoying.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for providing valuable information.

We have gathered enough information at this point and are working on resolution of the issue.

While we work on the resolution, if you are having this problem and need to install Adobe Reader, please feel free to send private message to me.

Please indicate the version of Reader you wish to install so I can send you the appropriate workaround.

Sincerely,

Yuko C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having an issue with the Adobe Reader I am having problems downloading the flash

player. My company is using IE8 and Windows XP.

Yuko can you please send me a independent link to just download Flash player 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Yuko C

Please what is the secret work around to Adobe Reader Download Configuration Failed ?????

Win XP SP3  I tried all versions and all end the same way at 33%  Download Configuration Failed.

jim_sperry@hotmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miniestate wrote:

Mr. Yuko C

Really?  I always thought that Yuko was a female name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2011 Sep 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YoKo May be a female name but Yuko I bet is a last name, anyway I did get the fricking A Reader working.

James Sperry MCP/A+OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines