Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe presenter - presentation running slow

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem with adobe presenter.

One of our users is creating presentations in adobe presenter - when she sends them to other people they run fine but on her PC they run in slow motion.

e.g. a slide which is meant to take a 15-20 seconds to run can take a couple of minutes to run.

We have noticed that if we have other things running in the background the presentation runs fine, e.g. when the disk defragmenter was running in the backgroud the presentation ran at the correct speed (this may be a red herring but thought it worth mentioning just in case).

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what is wrong or what we can do to fix the problem? I've tried a few searches on the web but not found anything useful, so apologies if this is a well known problem.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itgirl,

Can you please provide more detail of the specific environment on which this is occurring? Kindly confirm:

- the Operating System

- the version of MS PowerPoint

- the version of Adobe Presenter

- the version of Flash Player

- whether this issue is with all presentations on the said PC or only some

Thanks

<NIRUPAM TEWARY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2011 Aug 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear NIRUPAM,

Thanks for your message. Sorry I didn't give enough detail.

In reply to your questions...

- the Operating System

Windows XP Pro sp3

- the version of MS PowerPoint

Office 2007 sp2

- the version of Adobe Presenter

Adobe presenter 7

- the version of Flash Player

Flash 10.3 (or 10.3.181.34 - latest version, to be really precise 🙂

- whether this issue is with all presentations on the said PC or only some

All presentations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itgirl

Thanks for the detail; I assume that Adobe Presenter version is 7.0.6;

- Can you check if you have a searchindexer.exe or an anti-virus running in the background? Observe the running processes during the time when the presentation is running (in the task manager)

- if the behavior is observed when viewing the presentation in the browser, can you also check it natively in the flash player (/viewer.swf)

- also please check with another browser

- do you see identical delay whenever you play the presentations?

Lastly, would it be possible for you to get into a conference call to help us isolate the issue?

Thanks again,

<NIRUPAM TEWARY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nirupam,

In answer to your questions

> I assume that Adobe Presenter version is 7.0.6;

It wasn't but it's been updated and there is still a problem

> - Can you check if you have a searchindexer.exe or an anti-virus running in the background? Observe the running processes during the time when the presentation is running (in the task manager)

Searchindexer does not appear to be running, anti-virus is running real time protection, but we do not wish to stop this and all other machines should be runing this also. In fact if I actually run a virus scan of the disk at the same time as the presentaion it runs fine.

> - if the behavior is observed when viewing the presentation in the browser, can you also check it natively in the flash player (/viewer.swf)

not sure what you mean by this.

> - also please check with another browser

Firefox - seems to have same problem

> - do you see identical delay whenever you play the presentations?

Tried a couple of presentation, both seem to have problem

> Lastly, would it be possible for you to get into a conference call to help us isolate the issue?

possibly, could you please contact me off list regarding this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response.

Can you please try following things. :-

1) Publish the Presentation locally on your system. Go to Published folder. Please see the screen shot to know where your presentation is getting published.:-

Publish.png

In publish folder "viewer.swf" file exist. Observe behavior of Viewer.swf. Is it alos behave same.

2) Verify that Cache folder size is not too big....that slower the browser. And delete the temporary internet files.

3) Publish simple content slide without swf/video. Are these presentations playing fine?

4) Please check if you have utility that taking backup quitely or some processes that taking lot of time.Check Task Manager performance tab and check for these background  processes. And observe how is overall performance of this computer.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Shubhi,

In answer to your questions,

1) Publish the Presentation locally on your system. 

Sorry, I forgot to mention this before, we have tried this already and there is still a problem

2) Verify that Cache folder size is not too big....that slower the browser. And delete the temporary internet files.

cache is as small as it can be and there is still a problem, as you will also see from earlier notes we have also tried another browser and there is the same problem.

3) Publish simple content slide without swf/video. Are these presentations playing fine?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using adobe presenter? Anyway I'm not sure how you do this but if you want to send me a test presentation that fits this description I will try it

4) Please check if you have utility that taking backup quitely or some processes that taking lot of time.Check Task Manager performance tab and check for these background  processes. And observe how is overall performance of this computer.

As I've mentioned before, one of the strange things about this is that it actually runs faster if there is stuff running in the background, e.g. disk defragmenter

Thanks,

Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources