• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5: I cannot publish the module if I insert a text box. What do i do?

Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using captivate 5.  I have a simulation course where i need to insert text boxes for interactivity. I have successfully inserted several textboxes and was able to publish  or view it in swf successfully. However, after several textboxes, the next time i tried to view or even publish my course, I got this error message.  I was able to narrow down what's causing it and indeed it's whenver i insert additional textboxes. 

Some attempts i did:

1)   I tried to change the textbox' variable name - failed

2)   Change Item name - failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

adobeerrormessage.png

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

From the message I can only conclude that you have used twice the same ID-label. This could be for the user variable associated with Text Entry Boxes, but also for all objects. Each need an invididual ID. Try to change the labels of the TEB's themselves. And some words are reserved as well - see Help. Do you use advanced actions?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources