• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with css in RH8

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several projects where I want the same formatting. RH8 seems to create a css for every single project. But I have a Word template that I'm trying to use as a model for the css. When I import or link a Word document with this template it doesn't generate exactly right.

What I'd like to know is the best way to create a stable css based on my favored Word template that I can use across all of my projects.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your fav CSS editor to make it look the way you want; save it off and tell RH in each project to use it to apply to all topics when generating help (setting is in the SSL layout).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

when you say,

"save it off and tell RH in each project to use it to apply to all topics when generating help (setting is in the SSL layout)."

Where in the SSL layout? do you mean right-click on the Primary Layout>Properties? but I don't see anything there that relates to choosing a css. Can you clarify?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the Properties of the chosen layout. Look for "Apply to all Topics" - either a master Page or a CSS can be used. The CSS has to be present in the root of the project folder (in Windows Explorer) for RH to know it's there to be chosen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Jeff, I found it. One other thing: I'm trying to fix my bullet style and I noticed there is no way to do this when opening the style editor (see attached pic).ListBulletpic2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lots of posts on the forums about lists & bullet styles - I suggest also having a look at these two sites:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/lists/Make_CSS_list%20styles_work_RH8.pdf

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/lists

Willam, in particular, is a real CSS expert (IMHO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp