• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFB2 - Real slow when just closing a file

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the 60 day evaluation CFB2 standalone installation on an XP machine. I have RDS and a local server connected to the project. Question is: When I try to close a file (either by the red x or from the menu) it will take about 10 seconds for it to close. When I try to "close all" files with many (like 10) files open it would take over a minute or two to close.

Any idea why this is happening? It is an everyday occurance, not just a one time issue.

Thanks in advance!

Scot

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  CFB2 on Win 7 64-bit.  I am linking to a remote server (on same LAN) for my files.  It's real slow opening and closing files through file view.  Navigation view is faster, but it bogs intermittantly.  Also, the code coloring is extremely slow and most of the time it does not complete coloring, I have to repeatedly click on areas of code to get them to color correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved all my files to my local machine and have way better performance. I wonder why it would be that much slower on a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with CF Builder being so extremely slow when closing files - here is what fixed it for me.

1. Closed CF Builder
  2. Renamed the file workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml\foldings\foldings.data
  3. Started CF Builder

The file got recreated. The issue was fixed.

I am running the CF builder as eclipse plugin on Win7.

Before finding this solution I would wait up to 30 seconds to close 1 file, and over 2 minutes to do "Close All" on about 10 files. Now, 1 file closes very quickly, and a "Close All" on 10 files takes 4-7 seconds. I renamed my old foldings.data file back, and then again it took forever to close files, so I am sure this was my issue. I don't know if that file had gotten corrupted, or exactly what caused the issue.

Doing some testing, I saw the issue only happened with files with any tags (angle-brackets) in them, and with more than one line of content. Other files closed quickly. The only real significant difference I could see was the code-folding option that appears when you have a file with multiple lines that has tags in it. I think this foldings.data file has something to do with saving that information each time you close a file in the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tip from bpowers27 still works with cfb 2 today !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation