• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSH Hookups in JAVA applications, is JavaHelp only option?

Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My company's flagship product is written in JAVA.  Our head developer believes that the only format JAVA CSH accepts is JavaHelp; he says he can't use WebHelp output.  While we're in the process of converting our product's online documentation  from RoboHelp for Word to RoboHelp HTML, I hoped to use this window of opportunity to progress from using JavaHelp to a more forward-looking layout and to solve some CSH hookup problems we've been having lately.  Is JavaHelp truly the only output that enables CSH in Java applications?  What SSL layout do others use?  Do you know of a resource I can study and point our developer to that presents other options and ideally also how to implement them?

Thank you,

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to know why the developer says webhelp cannot be used. Some believe it cannot be used at all, which is wrong. Java on a windows platform can work with webhelp. However they may be developing something that runs on a platform that does not support webhelp.

There is some information on my site about Java help but the above is it in terms of what you can use.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should be able to - the application can run JavaScript right? If so, then you can use the JavaScript API call to invoke your CSH WebHelp. Look at the various methods in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp xx\CSH API\ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp