• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashBuilder TextEditor text selection color properties

Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I normally customize any IDE I work in to use color coding. I really hate white backgrounds and black text. I normally adjust it to colors that I prefer.

I have everything setup how I like it, but I have one problem with highlighting syntax.

I notice when you double click an object in code, Flashbuilder will highlight all matching references to that object. That's fine, but now that Ive changed my color scheme I cannot figure out how to change the highlighting color.

It's really annoying and unreadable, look:

colorEditor.png

Which Text Editor attribute is this? I cant figure it out, and Ive adjusted many. This makes it really hard to read, can I disable this behaviour? If not, where in the Preferences can I change the color for this?

Thanks guys!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Righ click on the text editor--> Preferences -> select editors --> click on Genereal text editor preferneces

You should see: selection foreground color and selection background color

Change as you want it.

Johnny

Please rate my answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ NOPE!! that only changes the selected text, when using a MOUSE or KEYBOARD to highlight with.

The problem I have, is that the Flashbuilder IDE automatically highlights all matching words. Its very annoying. I cant read half of my syntax because it decides to highlight everything for me, with an unusable color.

SELECTION FOREGROUND and BACKGROUND is not the solution and Ive tried that already.

Ive actually tried ALL the options in the preference settings, but none have affected this problem.

Id even like to disable the highlight feature for "matching" syntax words. I dont even really need to change it's color, id rather just disable it as its ANNOYING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2010 Oct 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try posting your problem here in the Flash Builder forum:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/flash_builder/using_flash_builder

Best Regards
Martin Andersen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage a solution for this annoyance? I very much miss FlashDevelop!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2010 Nov 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Editors > Text Editors > Annoations, "ActionScript Occurrences"

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flex Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jason. I could customize some other things. However, similar texts get highlighted when i place my curson on a 'word', in grey color even though all the options were removed under 'ActionScript Occurences'. Is this a default behaviour which couldn't be removed?

~ Shiyaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ it worked for me. I removed the "Text as: Highlight" and used "Dashed Box" instead. That's not as annoying and works much better! Thanks Jason...

FlashBuilder---texteditor-highlight-AS-occurrences---working.png

I know it sounds dumb, but this has helped me tremendously, by changing this. My code is much easier to debug now, because I can actually see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one thing Ive noticed is when you change these  text editor preferences, it does not begin working until you close all open files.

if I have a file open, and I change my text editor settings, I wont see it work until I close that open file, then re-open it.

The reason I point that out is because I may have fixed it before, just never noticed it because I wasnt closing my open files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good tip, Devtron. I had to come to this same post to see why my settings were not refreshing... and got the answer too glad i found it before the need to restart FB!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the opposite problem right now, mine went away and I want them back. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preferences -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Annotations -> ActionScript Occurrences

Try editing those settings. Change the color and "Text as" values.

I just had to do this again (yesterday) because I upgrade to Flashbuilder 4.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines