• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate won't recognize microphone

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a working microphone plugged in my laptop. It works with other programs, but Captivate tells me there is not a microphone plugged in.

It all will not connect to the Internet automatically when trying to use help.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samarui and welcome to our community

For the help, try clicking Help > Use Offline Help.

What kind of microphone? Is it USB? If so, you should know that these are very "iffy" with Captivate. Not unusual to see USB mikes fail with Captivate. The only type of mike that seems to work reliably uses " jack plugs" that connect to the sound card.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi captivate expert,
I need help. I just bought A new toshiba satelit notebook. my captivate can not detect my microphone. I'm using conexant high definition audio. Is there any problem captivate with high definiton audio. any solution? please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post by sekyw is one of three total posts on the same issue. Click here to see the thread where a response has been offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is plugged into a "jack plug". Any other ideas? I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Realtek® High Definition Audio in my Sony Vaio. The microphone is a Labtec AM-242 NCAT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samarui

Ahhh, Realtek. I think if you snoop around the forums a bit, you will discover that PCs with Realtek audio cards always seem to have issues. Sorry, but there is no workaround I'm aware of. At least no workaround that would make things just "work" with Captivate. You can still get audio into your Captivate, but you will probably have to record it using something else, then import it into Captivate later.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone recommend an "external" sound card that "does" work with captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2006 Sep 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this issue been solved in Captivate 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2006 Sep 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi max.cady

As all of us probably are, I'm hopeful that this issue will be resolved. Unfortunately, I'm unsure if anyone that was on the beta testing team actually had problem hardware. Probably only Adobe can truly answer this question. More likely, this will be a "wait and see" sort of issue once Captivate 2 starts shipping. Unless, of course, one of those that were on the beta team actually had problematic hardware and knows first hand. If so, I certainly hope they speak up. (assuming, of course, that they participate in the peer-to-peer discussion forums)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2006 Sep 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problems, went and got a Creative external sound card and everything works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samarui wrote:
> I have a working microphone plugged in my laptop. It works with other
> programs, but Captivate tells me there is not a microphone plugged in.
>
> It all will not connect to the Internet automatically when trying to use
> help.

I got the same problem as my mic is not deteced either. Its audio jacks into
sound card.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul wrote:
> samarui wrote:
>> I have a working microphone plugged in my laptop. It works with other
>> programs, but Captivate tells me there is not a microphone plugged in.
>>
>> It all will not connect to the Internet automatically when trying to use
>> help.
>
> I got the same problem as my mic is not deteced either. Its audio jacks
> into sound card.
>
> Paul

I got a realtek built in soundcard on my asus motherboard. I have read
another post with users having problem with realtek and captivate. hmm which
there was a patch or something.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2006 Sep 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul wrote:
> samarui wrote:
>> I have a working microphone plugged in my laptop. It works with other
>> programs, but Captivate tells me there is not a microphone plugged in.
>>
>> It all will not connect to the Internet automatically when trying to use
>> help.
>
> I got the same problem as my mic is not deteced either. Its audio jacks
> into sound card.
>
> Paul

I got a realtek built in soundcard on my asus motherboard. I have read
another post with users having problem with realtek and captivate. hmm which
there was a patch or something.

WELL, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. SO WHAT CAN I DO? DID I PAY FOR THIS? THE ANSWER "RECORD OUT OF CAPTIVATE AND THEN IMPORT THE FILE" IS STUPID. I'M REALLY DISGUSTED. I HAVE A SONY VAIO WITH REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION CARD. WHEN I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post!
I also have a Realtek audio card installed and Captivate always crash when I try to record narratation to my screen captures. I'll tell my boss and hope I can get a new sound card. Maybe the one Samurai recommended:) Does anyone know any release date for Captivate 2 ("later this fall....." they say?!?) and if maybe a wider range of sound card is supported in this version?

One last thing: If there is a patch out there, please post a url in this forum :)
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2006 Sep 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heffalompen and welcome to our community

Yes, we are ever hopeful that many of the issues we see with Captivate 1 are resolved with Captivate 2. The problem is, we won't really know for sure until it's released into the wild.

As for a patch, I"m assuming you are referring to a patch to make 1.x work better? I'm guessing that you'd be better off trying to stack BBs. When companies create a new version of a product, you typically never see a patch arrive for an earlier version.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Au contraire, Rick-man. Microsoft makes a regular practice of - for instance - releasing fixes for "Office 97', followiing release of "Office 2002".

Sorry, couldn't resist. Besides, I thought perhaps the thread could use some lighter moments, since it seemed that " CLAUDIOLOPEZSORIANO" was about to blow a digital gasket.

Have a nice one!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, so grassahoppah Rick learn one more time at most honorable feet of sensei FelineRobba!

I suppose I should have prefaced that with the fact I don't think I recall ever seeing it done with the products we deal with. (those being Captivate and RoboHelp)

Happy Thursday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh heh heh . . .
The mistake you made was assuming that software companies operate on a logical basis. Though that would be the case in a perfect world, it is an error, of course; but . . . the more you think about the statement "Software makers don't use logic" the funnier it gets. Or maybe it's just me. Have a good day my friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2006 Oct 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my co-workers found that if he plugged in the mic then rebooted, or plugged in the mic before booting, it would then recognize the mic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: HeadNClouds
One of my co-workers found that if he plugged in the mic then rebooted, or plugged in the mic before booting, it would then recognize the mic.
Uh, whoa! If that is true, a LOT of people would buy a bust of you to put on their mantle. Can anyone else confirm that this works on other machines? If so, waaaaaaay kooooool, Dude (or Dudette)!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: CatBandit
Uh, whoa! If that is true, a LOT of people would buy a bust of you to put on their mantle. Can anyone else confirm that this works on other machines? If so, waaaaaaay kooooool, Dude (or Dudette)!!

Unfortunately I cannot confirm this. My headset is plugged in all the time but captivate won't recognize the microphone.

My hope was it would be solved with captivate 2.0 ... downloaded the trialversion today .... but still the same problem ... too bad!

Both, my pc and my laptop have realtec soundcards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2006 Oct 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - I can't believe that something as basic (and essential) as microphone input seems to be such a problem with Captivate - especially considering that even simple applications like Microsoft's Recorder can handle it just fine.

My "old" configuration that worked well included a M-Audio card (Audiophile 2496). I also have a mixer. I decided to upgrade to a pre-amp (Inspire 1394) and bypass the sound card (and mixer) completely - this was an unnecessary upgrade, but I wanted the best sound, a simpler configuration and liked the thought of bypassing the sound card and making use of the slick preamp features. I had chosen the Inspire for a client that wanted to do some Camtasia recordings and it has worked great for them.

I'm having the same problems - the microphone is not recognized by Captivate - although it is seen by everyone else!

This is a pretty serious bug - is there anyone at Adobe who tracks the more serious issues that appear on the forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2006 Oct 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi workingpc

is there anyone at Adobe who tracks the more serious issues that appear on the forums?

The answer to this is probably no. The forums are peer-to-peer. This means user-to-user. The best bet is to report each instance via the feedback form. You can see the feedback form by clicking here.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2006 Oct 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks RIck - I'll do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources