• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2006 Aug 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been thinking about creating a feedback form as a topic in a WebHelp project, but before I do, I wanted to get your opinion. I have coworkers who can help me build the form.

My question is - do many help authors use this feature? If so, what's involved / what does the developer need to do in terms of a CGI script to make it work? Are there any known bugs to be aware of?

I'm using RH Office X5 (RoboHelp HTML)

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done something similar with one of my WebHelp projects. I was a bit lucky as there's already a ASP-based webmail system available on our webserver... so basically I made a form to post to the webmail system and copied the code into the "truecode" view.

I would say, from the prospective of RoboHelp, keep it as minimal as possible... I.e. a simple form along the lines of:
<form action=yourcgiscript.cgi method=post> <input type=text name=feedback> <input type=submit></form>
I don't believe there's any built-in functionality for putting in inputs or forms into RoboHelp, but once they're there (added via truecode), they seem to display and generate fine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. I opted not to use a form. We just use a "Feedback" link in each topic's footer (can be part of a template) which opens the email client addressed to a specific email address (e.g. feedback@company.com). It all swings and roundabouts I suppose. Forms just seemed too much like a sledgehammer and nuts to meet our needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, it occurs to me that having the email address in the web page means that the address can become a target for spam. Did you find that to be a problem?
Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Simon. Either we have a good spam filter here or the answer is "No". The email address is "hidden" in a link's properties although I don't know if this prevents spamers finding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp