• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash

Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP.

For some reason, whenever i go to a youtube video, or any page that requires flash, it shows a dead jigsaw piece and the following appears at the top of the page.

The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash

I use Google Chrome, but even when i try go on Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari...Shockwave Flash still crashes.

I have tried reinstalling Flash, reinstalling Chrome, installing earlier versions of Flash, cleaning the registry, and lots more.

The computer is Vista, and I have the latest version of Chrome and Flash.

Please, if you have any solutions or even suggestions, i will try them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation (rotating red 'f') at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

When you right-click on that Flash object, can you get Settings in the drop-down?  If yes, can you try to disable Hardware Acceleration?

If not, can you update the device drivers for you display adapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see any rotating f on the page, Flash crashes there too.

I'm pretty sure I updated my driver, but can you give me instructions on how to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update the device drivers for your display adapter, check Device Manager for the make and exact model of your device, then go to the manufacturers support site to download the latest drivers.

If you need any more help with that, please specify the make and model of your display adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My display adapter is NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M.

I went to nvidia's website, but i dont know which display adapter to download. I tried to let it automatically find it in firefox, but it wouldnt load.

Do you know what Product Type, Product Series, and Product i should put for the manual download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't list the exact model that you have on the manual download, and I don't know if a similar model will do.

Please try the automatic method again; I just tried it (with Firefox 3.6.18) and it worked fine.

If you cannot get it to work, try http://drivermax.com/ - use the free version that allows up to two driver downloads per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got drivermax and the latest version of nvidia. I tried to run youtube, but it crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2011 Jul 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for that; it was my only hope.

Can you report your issue according to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/839/cpsid_83952.html and then send a PM to Chris Campbell with a link to the bug report and this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Pat mentioned, here's a thread I created that goes into detail about how to generate the info we'll need for a Flash Player crash.  It's probably more up to date than the knowledge base article previously linked.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/864940

If you can send me the crash log (ccampbel@adobe.com), I'll take a look to see if we already know about it and if there are any workarounds that you can use.

Thanks,

Chris

PS. We also have a beta version of our new player over on labs.adobe.com.  This contains fixes that are not in our current release.  After you grab the crash logs, I'd recommend installing the labs version and giving that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent the crash log. Thanks man.

Also, I installed the beta version, and crashes still occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the crash log yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, I've looked at the crash log but we're still investigating.  It's crashing in a part of the code dealing with text fields (in particular, it appears to die in mlang.dll which is a multilanguage support dll from Microsoft.)  What language is OS running?  Have you ever run into trouble with fonts before?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know what OS is. Is there a way to check what language it's running?

Also, I haven't run into any trouble with fonts, if you're talking about like Microsoft Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is your operating system, like Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's running English (United States).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to let you know that we've submitted this issue in our internal bug database (#2934784).

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2011 Sep 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do now? Is there anything else i can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever tried to disable Hardware Acceleration, as I suggested in http://forums.adobe.com/message/3811572#3811572 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, have you updated to the latest Flash Player version 10.3.183.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest flash player, nothing changed. There are still crashes.

Also, i cant disable hardware acceleration. I cant right click on the jigsaw piece.

If i go to a simple flash game, like this http://www.donpixel.com/play/060330125648/ it works. I can right click also, but when i click on settings the game crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trip777 wrote:

Also, i cant disable hardware acceleration. I cant right click on the jigsaw piece.

Sorry I don't understand the word "cant" - what happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so whenever I go to a flash page, it shows the sad jigsaw piece where the flash media should be.

I can physically right click on it, but when i do, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you check to see if you have any crash logs available?  If you do, please add a new bug to bugbase.adobe.com and attach the log along with the other pertinent information asked for in this post:

How to report a crash with Flash Player

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2011 Sep 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashcrashinbro.jpg

Here's what it looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines