Exit

Flash videos temporarily freeze system

Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser : Firefox 6.0

Flash player version : 10.3.183.5

Hi,

Somehow, for about 3 to 4 days now, I have a very annoying problem that happens when playing flash videos.

At first, videos play fine, but after some time, on a random video, after around 5 seconds playing it correctly, the system completely freezes but you can still hear the sound of the video going veeeeery slowwwly. (you can actually hear every "frame" of it, it's quite disgusting to hear) But you can't do anything. No ctrl-alt-suppr, no ctrl-alt-esc...

After about 1 minute, the system goes back to function. (and suddenly does every command you asked during the freeze)

This happened to me on youtube and some other weird player. My belief is that it's a bug?

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some updates on the issue:

- The same problem occurs when using IE9 (64bits).

- I read on some other thread that the current version was quite problematic, so I tried downgrading to 10.3.181.34... Problem NOT solved.

- The GPU is a Geforce GTX 460M.

- No problems when playing videogames or videos through VLC.

Message was edited by: AndyWaRoll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AndyWaRoll wrote:

The same problem occurs when using IE9 (64bits).

Flash Player 10.x does not run on 64-bit browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2011 Aug 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're absolutely right. It was Flash player v11 beta, but it still did the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More news, I'm still trying:

- It doesn't work better on chrome

- It doesn't change anything to disable the hardware acceleration from the flash settings

I guess nobody's going to solve this, huh : /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AndyWaRoll wrote:

- The GPU is a Geforce GTX 460M.

Do you have the latest drivers installed?  Try option 2 at http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my driver is at the current version.

It seems to happen because of some sort of overload... I just launched a youtube video while another one was already playing in the background and it happened as soon as I hit "play".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have QuickTime installed, click start, click control panel, click add/remove programs. Scroll down to QuickTime.

Click on it. You'll see "Click here for support information" Click it. Click Repair. That should do the click errr trick.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines