• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player error message

Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Captivate 5 project that keeps displaying this error message when published as a Mac executable:

"Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2035: URL Not Found."

Any guidance how I would troubleshoot that, since I haven't a clue what it's referring to?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Which version of Flash Player are you using? Also, which is the OS version are you in? Can you try the steps mentioned in http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/unable-to-open-exe-files-published-from-adobe-captivate-5.html This is for Windows Executables but till I think of any other details, you can try this.

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Flash Player 10 and Mac OS 10.6.2. I'll try all the suggested patching and report back. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well, that patch may fix some other problem, but not the one I'm having. (I'm beginning to see why Steve Jobs is such a big Flash fan.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny...my first thought was: "I'm so glad I don't have a MAC."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh Rod, I'm glad too.

My first thought was more along the lines of, "If Adobe can't port their software successfully, why do they market it?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  That makes perfect sense to a PC user.

Excerpt from Adobe Marketing Meeting Minutes: "Hmm...since we can't guarantee Captivate will work as perfectly on a MAC as it does on a PC, we'll just have to withdraw the product from the market entirely."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously, as a PC user, you've developed a fondness for buggy software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources