Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Synch Audio with a "Button"?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user, but fairly adaptive to most systems applications.

Here's what I'm trying to do. It's a hands on exercise, where the User types in a name in a Search field, then clicks on the Search button. These 2 actions done correctly take them to a Search results screen.

I've got a Text Entry Box set up with a mouse click as the Current Shortcut. The TEB is set over the Search field. I've placed an "invisible" button over the application's Search button. Can I synch a "Mouse click" audio to occur when the User clicks on the invisible button?

It looks like I have to set the Mouse Click audio to occur on a timeline, not as a result of an action.

Thanks for your help!!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pcorad,

If you are using a button object, you should be automatically getting an audio click when you click on that button since that is Captivate's natural behavior. When you preview or publish, are you not hearing this when you click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my setup, the "button" is the shortcut key for a TEB.

If you picture a typical Search screen. You enter data, then press Search.

So I've got the TEB set up over the search field, then the shortcut key - which I believe is required - I've set up as a mouse click over the Search button. The audio for the shortcut (mouse click) only has Fade In/Out options. There doesn't appear to be an option to hear the audio solely as a result of clicking on the button.

Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pcorad,

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were doing. I am afraid I know of no way to get an audible click for the situation you are describing. Perhaps others here in the forums will chime in with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve and pcorad

I'm wondering if the following might work.

Double-click the "invisible button" where you want the audio when the user clicks. This should produce the properties for the object.

Now look at the Options tab. There, you should see a check box labeled "Success Caption". Click to place a check mark in the check box, then click OK to dismiss the properties dialog.

This should add a new element to the slide. A Captivate Green caption that reads: "Type success text here". Double-click this element to edit the properties.

Select all the text and delete it. This should leave a blank caption. Now change from the "Captivate Green" Caption type to "Transparent". You want the caption to be invisible.

Now click the "Audio" tab and assign the desired audio clip.

I'm thinking that the ultimate result may be what you are looking for. Your user successfully clicks the invisible button. The invisible success caption then appears, which causes the sound to play.

Does this do what you want?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2006 Aug 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Captiv8r,

You are sly like fox! Your idea worked like a champ. I decided to keep the "Success" box (I didn't make it transparent)
as I have been giving correct/incorrect feedback for all actions.

Again - worked like a champ!

Thanks,

PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources