• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error occurred while packaging the application" Apple iOS, Launch on Device

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several successful launches to a physical iOS device (iPad) I suddenly started getting this error "Error occurred while packaging the application". It occurs within a couple of seconds after I click "Run".  I am running the current FB 4.5.1 on Windows XP (SP 3).  I've tried cleaning the project, re-booting my computer, deleting and re-creating the project, and re-creating the iOS configuration; the issue remains.  I have not yet removed and re-installed FB.

Below is my configuration info.

Version.JPG

Many thanks if someone has an idea about how to resolve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post the contents of your Flash Builder log file (workspacedir/.metadata/.log)?

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the log file contents for my most recent session.  Thanks.

!SESSION 2011-08-21 20:33:58.125 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20100608-0911

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-08-21 20:34:11.781

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-08-21 20:34:11.781

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 20:34:35.890

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 20:34:35.890

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+G:

Binding(CTRL+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.declarations.in.workspace,Declaration in Workspace,

Search for declarations of the selected element in the workspace,

Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),

,,true),null),

org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,

org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

Binding(CTRL+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,

Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@1b57613)),

,,true),null),

com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.flexEditorScope,,,system)

Binding(CTRL+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.declarations.in.workspace,Find All Declarations In Workspace,

Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.editorcore.navigation.category,Navigation,null,true),

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@1b57613)),

,,true),null),

com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.context.packageexplorer,,,system)

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 20:34:35.890

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+SHIFT+G:

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.references.in.workspace,References in Workspace,

Search for references to the selected element in the workspace,

Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@5ae487)),

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.find.all.references.in.workspace,Find All References In Workspace,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@5ae487)),

,,true),null),

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-08-21 20:34:57.328

!MESSAGE Error occurred while packaging the application:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone 4 1 2011-08-21 20:35:12.140

!MESSAGE p2:flexPlugin=C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flexbuilder.flex_4.5.1.313231/

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone 4 1 2011-08-21 20:35:12.140

!MESSAGE p2:root=C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/eclipse/

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone 4 1 2011-08-21 20:35:12.218

!MESSAGE p2: testWriteToFile C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/eclipse/configuration/permission-check.txt

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone 4 1 2011-08-21 20:35:12.218

!MESSAGE p2: test file writable

!SESSION 2011-08-21 21:14:52.000 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20100608-0911

java.version=1.6.0_16

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-08-21 21:14:58.265

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-08-21 21:14:58.265

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 21:15:04.140

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 21:15:04.140

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+G:

Binding(CTRL+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.declarations.in.workspace,Declaration in Workspace,

Search for declarations of the selected element in the workspace,

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+G,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@118e146)),

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+G,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllDeclarationsAction@118e146)),

,,true),null),

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-08-21 21:15:04.140

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+SHIFT+G:

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.references.in.workspace,References in Workspace,

Search for references to the selected element in the workspace,

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@6dca9d)),

,,true),null),

Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,

LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.actions.FindAllReferencesAction@6dca9d)),

,,true),null),

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2011-08-21 21:21:34.046

!MESSAGE Error occurred while packaging the application:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, the log file didn't have any useful info.

Does an "Export Release Build" succeed without errors?

In the meantime, I'll forward this thread to somebody who knows more.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, "Export Release Build" gets the same error.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, this error message was generated because of an issue with my <project>-app.xml file.

Specifically, I had modified the xml to add <icon> entries.  The actual .png files were not located in the "src" and "bin-debug" directories.  I had placed them in a different place in the directory structure.  Once I corrected this the problem was resolved.

Incidently, the error message was different depending on the number of icons I specified.

In the following case, the error message was the vague "Error occurred while packaging the application":

<icon>

<image16x16>icons/ico16x16.png</image16x16>

<image29x29>icons/ico29x29.png</image29x29>

<image32x32>icons/ico32x32.png</image32x32>

<image36x36>icons/ico36x36.png</image36x36>

<image48x48>icons/ico8x48.png</image48x48>

<image57x57>icons/ico57x57.png</image57x57>

<image72x72>icons/ico72x72.png</image72x72>

<image114x114>icons/ico114x114.png</image114x114>

<image128x128>icons/ico128x128.png</image128x128>

<image512x512>icons/ico512x512.png</image512x512>

</icon>

After I removed all the above icon entries but a couple, the error message was more specific and indicated that the icon files did not exist.

Sounds like the XML parser/processor needs some additional work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info.

This is definitely a bug, Flash Builder should be showing the right error message.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, great job BoomerBee, that error use to throw me for a loop.  Every time I ever get that super helpful error, it's always because of the *-app.xml file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines