• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can make the latest Adobe Presenter trial stop causing Powerpoint crash?

Aug 08, 2011 Aug 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the latest trial of Adobe Presenter, in the "About Presenter" feature it shows it to be Version 7.0.7

I am using Powerpoint 2007 on a Windows XP laptop.

The trial downloaded well, it records voice well, it syncs well with animation, and it appears ok on the PowerPoint Add in bar. I managed to create some 2-3 test recordings on a PowerPoint presentation I already have, that needs turning into a Presentation. That was all. Since then Powerpoint hasn't stopped crashing. Getting back to it functions well, the problem appears whenever I finish recording. Regardless of whether I press the stop or pause button. Earlier on it happened when then pressing ok, and only after "stop" button. Now it does it every single time, and of course, it's crashing before it can save any audio files.(I haven't even tried publishing, simply because I have nothing to publish because of these crashes!)

I have browsed solutions online but they all seemed dated: like I said this is the latest version (what it seems 7.0.7) and even if I tried to download patches it doesn't accept them. Looking for updates from the add-in bar from Powerpoint only results in "no updates available for this version".

Please help! This seems to be exactly what I was looking for but obviously not if it doesn't work!

Thanks,

Gabriel

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The previous question was about a trial version installed in my personal laptop. Interestingly, I have also installed the trial on my work PC and it's not crashing. But the version is different (that's weird, I downloaded from the same link and at home got 7.0.7 and at work 7.0.0.) However, seems not to be able to keep changes to my recordings unless I work on the EDIT panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Gabriel

to reconfirm, it is the trial installation of Presenter 7.0.7 that crashes while Presenter 7.0 does not? Can you try installing 7.0.7 on the system where the errors were seen previously and check if they recur?

thanks

NIRUPAM TEWARY

ADOBE SYSTEMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This is the case. I reinstalled it twice (but whilst the same link gets me to 7.0.0. at work, I only get 7.0.7 at home!)

g

Dr Gabriel Cavalli-Petraglia, BSc, MSc, PhD, MRSC

Lecturer in Organic Materials Chemistry

Division of Chemical Sciences

Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences

University of Surrey

Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH

United Kingdom

Ext: 6837 Office: 31AZ03

Telephone (+44 1483) 686837

Fax (+44 1483) 686851

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy at work is brilliant after installing the 7.01, 7.02, 7.05 and 7.06 patches. It seems to me the issue is Presenter 7.0.7. however I downloaded it from the same link! (just at different times.....) I don't know how I can install 7.0.0 instead..... (you don't seem to get to choose the versions from the webpage)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel,

I have done recording from Adobe Presenter and replayed it; its working fine for me. It will be great if you can do following steps; it will help to isolate the issue:-

1) Create a new Presentation and do recording from Adobe Presenter 7.0.7. Please don't add audio to old Presentations, because we might not know what is actually causing crash.

2) Please provide us exactly what steps are you performing. Or if you can create simulated video while working on presentation using any screen recorder software then it will be great.

Regards,

Shubhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shubhi,

I'm sorry I can't do that. I don't have 7.0.7 anymore, it would be stupid to keep a piece of software that it's not working. I can't have both versions at the same time and I need to do my work, so working fine with 7.0.6.

Besides, I have already provided all the steps I followed, and the problem was indeed the same for new or old presentations, working from a Windows XP laptop and PowerPoint 2007 (with presentations saved in either 2003 or 2007 powerpoint versions).

I hope I could help in any way, but I can't spend more of my work/own time in uninstalling/installing versions, or for free!

Regards,

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources