Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert ebook from ADE to PDF, pain to do it, but it can be done

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print out the ebook

on paper and then scan it into PDF format.  Volia!  you'll have the book in PDF format, a pain to do it, but you can do it and that bypasses the entire eBook license.  Every Adobe scam has a work around. Adobe selling false security to make a buck.. They know you can print the book out on paper and then scan it and make it a PDF, but somehow they sell false security and get these publishers to buy into their false security products.  Abobe should be fined billions of $$$$$$ to teach them a lesson.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't mince words.

You're breaking the law if you circumvent the controls built into the ebook

you've decided to copy without publisher's permission.

The publishers (not Adobe) have decided to incorporate copyright security

into the electronic publishing business. It's not a 'scam', it's the law.

It's not 'false security', it's the industry standard. And, in case you

hadn't noticed, you don't pay for ADE, so they're not making a buck.

Other points: the publishers have decided whether you can print a book or

not. If the ebook is protected by digital rights, you can't do that

anyway. Next, your ethics are way off base if you think you can circumvent

the law and get away with it.

If anyone should be fined, it's you for copyright violations.

===================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Frustrated

it's Ok Frustrated but, why can't I transfer an e-pub from my registered PC to my wife e-book reader (which is,of course, also a registered user) and back?

I can do this w/o copyright problem w/ all my paper books!

We don't need to do "surprised" if people seek (and will find) a way around this stupid restriction.

I wonder why the publisher don't learn from the mp3 market, do they get money from the paper industries?

so long,

angi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrated, I only wrote that to piss people off at Adobe.  But it figures there is someone out there who is a stone thrower!

Let him who has never once sinned in his life point out and correct others who do.  Hypocrite!  We all are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember your audience is bigger than the people at Adobe whom you think may

be reading this board. After a life in corporate America chasing crooks, I

don't like the sound of your suggestions. That's not hypocracy.

=========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well since you are so adamant about chasing crooks and wrong doers, it is my experience you are in fact one yourself, and the fact that others do what

you yourself do aggravates you to the point that you want to get them all, who do exactly as you do.  you remind me of the cops who give out tickets for speeding, yet they themselves break those very laws.  I bet you have copied CDs, DVDs, etc knowing you were breaking the very laws you run around trying to catch others doing.  Now tell my you haven't done something against the law, one law, you haven't broken one law in your life, you stone thrower, and yet I am a stone thrower that is why I recognize you as one too.  You are a hypocrite.  I bet you even finagled your expense reports from time to time and fraudulently collected money you should not have collected.  you expose yourself while attempting to expose others.  This I am absolutely certain of.  You are indeed a hypocrite.

And I have nothing to hide.  I know very well this is the Internet and do not need to be informed of ALL HUMANS can read this if they happen across it.  I have nothing to hide, unlike you.

Now what you have to figure out is this, just because I suggested it, does it mean I myself did it?  I’ll ease your pain. I can’t afford to use up paper and ink to print out 150 pages on my printer just to get over on some goofy application that won’t let me read the book I bought the way I like to read it, but stifles me to their way of forcing people to read what they have paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sticks and stones... FYI, you will lose your bets.

If you want to tell Adobe what you think of their software, you can use the

'Contact Us' area on their website. Be specific, not bombastic, and I'd bet

(there's that word again!) they would answer you. They do need all the

constructive feedback they can get, because this product isn't up to the

same level as other similar ones. If you have something to contribute to

the forum by way of assistance to other users, please feel free. But

personal attacks don't count.

===========

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines