Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source file not accessible after Move project

Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving a project, one of the source code files cannot opened. The message :

Resource '/Culinaria/src/SearchMenu.mxml' does not exist.

But it does exist - it's residing in the src directory as it always has and is visible in the package explorer.Double clicking to open it provokes the error. The other files in the project can be opened normally.

As said, this problem has surfaced after a Move of the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem goes away and then comes back after shutting down Flash Developer and starting it up again.

Also, I cannot view the source modules in Design mode - I just get an empty gray screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bug. I think we already have it filed, will check with the engineer.

Does close project, open project help?

If that doesn't, then try clearing the cache by deleting the folder: workspacedir/.metadata/.plugins/com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anirudh,

deleting the .../codemodel directory did not help.

The problem seems to have morphed... it is only the main application .mxml file that is causing problems. It cannot be viewed in Design mode just in source code mode. In fact, the icon on the tab looks like that of a text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try editing the.actionScriptProperties file in your project folder.

It should have a mainApplicationPath attribute. Update it to reflect the new name of the application file.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the first line in the .actionScriptProperties file:

<actionScriptProperties analytics="false" mainApplicationPath="culinaria.mxml" projectUUID="913f55f3-45c6-45fe-9d52-ffb2e3976511" version="10">

'culinaria.mxml' is the name of the main application file so this appears to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm out of suggestions then (except for the drastic create a new project, copy over source files monster).

The reason I remember this bug is that I hit this on a refactor once. Closing and opening the project helped me, and Design View never had an issue.

Can you send the project over to my email address? (I'll Private Message the address)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably a bit late for you, but in case anyone else come's across this thread looking for an answer:

1. Close all open editors
  2. Close the project (right click, close project)
  3. Close Flash Builder
  4. Restart Flash Builder
  5. Re-open the project

All your links should now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines